Soma Speedster / Stanyan 58cm, Gorgeous Custom Sport Touring Bike! - $1850 (Cedar Hills, Near 217, Beaverton)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bik/3767876506.html

      0 favorites

      <
      CLportland washington coall for sale / wanted bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: 4g8f5-3767876506@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      Soma Speedster / Stanyan 58cm, Gorgeous Custom Sport Touring Bike! - $1850 (Cedar Hills, Near 217, Beaverton)
      For sale is my beautiful 2009 Soma Speedster (now known as the Stanyan) which I custom built from a special ordered frameset. I spent months tracking down parts and components which would appeal to my classic-retro sensibilties, creating a one of a kind build that blended old and new in a grand fashion.

      This frameset, with its traditional, but sport oriented geometry, is one of the only few remaining commercially available lugged steel frames currently being produced. It is made of high quality Tange Prestige tubing, with beautiful polished stainless steel head tube lugs, seat stay and tube lugs, and chainstay lugs. The paint is a lustrous candy wine burgundy with clearcoat, and the fit and finish is impeccable. You could spend five times what this frame cost to have a custom framebuilder duplicate it.

      I spared no expense on this build. It has a full Shimano Ultegra 6600 triple component group, chosen for it's polished silver and complimentary gray finish, superior durability and shifting performance. DT Swiss semi-aero cross section rims are laced with DT Competition spokes to Ultegra hubs with a 10-speed Ultegra cassette, long cage Ultegra rear derailleur and triple front derailleur and 6600 crankset.

      Ultegra shifters are mated to a Shimano Flight Deck computer, and polished alloy Nitto bars and stem round out the cockpit, All complimented by a honey leather Brooks Swift saddle, leather bar tape, and toe straps. An Axiom rear rack accepts panniers for light touring, and SKS Chromoplast fenders help keep things dry on wet days. Tires are 700 X 28 Continental Grand Prix 4 Seasons with no discernible wear. Bike has been ridden all of about 100 miles, if that, and looks absolutely brand new.

      $1,850 cash is my asking price. I am not interested in any trades or offers. Please respond to this ad via email. I will not reply to any inquiry without a name and phone number.

      I will be happy to show the bike to serious buyers, I work at home and can arrange whatever time is convenient for you.

      Many Thanks! Dom
      * Location: Cedar Hills, Near 217, Beaverton
      Posting ID: 3767876506