Wabi 55cm - Single Speed Commuter - $1100 (Kirklandia)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2013
      http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bik/3744680084.html

      CL > seattle > eastside > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: 8drrs-3744680084@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      Wabi 55cm - Single Speed Commuter - $1100 (Kirklandia)
      For Sale: Wabi Single Speed/Fixed Gear bike. I purchased this bike about 2 years ago, and have done some upgrades. Wabi is a bike company HQ'ed in Los Angeles, with production/manufacturing in Taiwan. Their steel frames are made of Reynolds 725 steel tubing, welds are good, and it rides really nice.

      The frame is 55cm square, so both top tube and seat tube are 55 cm (ctc) The bottom bracket is English threaded, the rear spacing is 120 as a fixed/free bike should be. Interestingly, this is one of the few single speed bikes that has mounts for fenders, front and rear. The rear wheel WILL clear the fender and frame when changing the rear wheel for a flat. No dings or dents, one small chip in the paint on the fork crown about the size of a BB.

      I've done a ton to the bike to give it a unique old school type look.

      - Saddle: Brooks Swift in Honey ($120)
      - Seat Post: Dura Ace Easton ($75)
      - Saddle Bag: Brooks Honey ($80)
      - Brakes: Dura Ace Dual Pivot from an old 9 speed groupset ($50?)
      - Brake Levers: Tekro drilled with matching brown gum hoods ($80)
      - Brake cables: White Jag Wire with new cables ($30)
      - Fenders: Honjo smooth 35mm ($100)
      - Freehub: White Industries 18 Trials Hub ($100)
      - Crankset : Sampson 172mm alloy ($250?)
      - Bottom Bracket: Phil Wood ($100)
      - Bottle Cage: Velo Orange Stainless ($20)
      - Water Bottle: Kleen Kanteen 24 oz Stainless ($30)
      - Front Hub Nuts: Velo Orange wing nuts ($20)
      - Handlebar Tape: Brooks Honey (matching saddle and bag and brake hoods) ($70)
      - Tires/Tubes: Continental 4 Season Grand Prix (25mm) with Conti tubes.
      - Front Chainring: Surly Stainless Steel 130 BCD, 44 ($60)
      - Chain: Wipperman Xtra Duty stainless single speed ($50)
      - Headset: FSA (stock)
      - Wheels: No name (rear is a flip flop hub) but sealed bearings (stock)

      I also fabricated some stainless steel "loops" for the Brooks saddle bag tabs and those things will cut through the saddle bag straps in no time. Wheel rim strips were replace with proper French Velox rim tape. As plastic rim tape is crap and shouldn't exist. The bottom bracket is a little wide (113) but not a huge deal. The rear fender needs a proper Brooks mud flap replaced as I lost it somewhere on the BG. Wheels are straight and true. I'll keep the pedals and my blinky lights.

      It weighs about 23 lbs from my Park scale. Actually less as I didn't remove tools from the saddle bag.
      * Location: Kirklandia
      Posting ID: 3744680084

      *