Vintage Schwinn Paramount,1973 - $1750 (Frederick,MD)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2013
      appears to have 80's decals but still nice
      not seller
      charles nighbor
      walnut creek, ca
      usa
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/bik/3701261941.html

      CL > philadelphia > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: 6fjsj-3701261941@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      Vintage Schwinn Paramount,1973 - $1750 (Frederick,MD)
      1973 Schwinn Paramount in really good condition. The frame has been repainted at Waterford Precision Cycles, the downtube shifters and cable guides are original, as are the headset and BB which are Campagnolo C Record. The crankset, chainwheels and derailleurs are Campagnolo Chorus touring triple. The wheels are Phil Wood 40 hole hubs laced up on Weinmann 27x1 1/4'' double walled grommet-ed touring rims. Tires are Specialized Transitions, the front tire is brand new, rear hardly worn. The stem and handlebars are by Nitto w/70's Mafac brake levers, the saddle is a Brooks B17 Titanium. The rack is a late 70's or early 80's Jim Blackburn. Brakes are drop forged Gran- Compe centerpulls. Pedals are not included. Also included are 2 new, old stock Sachs freewheels, each w/a different gear ratio. This is a vintage classic bicycle in excellent condition that I would like to sell to a collector or Paramount enthusiast. It is the top of the line bicycle that
      Schwinn made and is considered THE classic bicycle of the 1970's and some consider the Schwinn Paramount the finest American bicycle ever made. This is not the Schwinn Varsity that you rode in college, it's the one that you couldn't afford. Please, serious inquiries only or I will not even bother to respond. If you see this post the bike is still for sale as I will delete the post as soon as it is sold.

      * Location: Frederick,MD
      Posting ID: 3701261941