1985 Bridgestone Track Bike - $1200 (Texas )

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2013
      http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/3663423760.html

      CL > dallas > dallas > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: 6fnkp-3663423760@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      1985 Bridgestone Track Bike - $1200 (Texas )
      Here is a real rarity and an odd piece to be found in west Texas. This is a 1985 Bridgestone track bike that was never meant for the American market. It is not listed in the 1985 Bridgestone catalog but the paint scheme and and graphics are proper for the 1985 year models. The bicycle belonged to a Bridgestone representative who raced on the track scene in the 80's. He obtained it though Bridgestone exclusively as it was meant for the Japanese Keirin market. Its a proper track bike down to the Cinelli bottom bracket shell and the Cinelli Unicantor saddle. I switched the original bars from Sakae track bars to some more comfortable Cinelli road bars. The down tube has a removable decal which is barley starting to separate but still hangs on tight. They used removable decals on the down tubes back in the day as it was not permissible to have any sort of identifying marks on down tubes in early years of American racing ( they would have been removed to
      race). So, as fate has it I have come into possession of this beauty. But I have no need for it other than its collect ability so Ive decided to pass it along to somebody who would like a real track bike and would enjoy it! Trades are welcome too. I'd be interested in a mountain bike in a Med size or really anything bike related. Im located in Lubbock Texas so we can figure out shipping or maybe I'd come to you for the right price, or trade. I will also be in Dallas on the 14th and early on the 15th of March so maybe we could meet up!?!?! Send an email titled "Dr. tiddlywinksMcFarts" so I know you're not a scammer. you can test as well. NO SCAMMERS! I will not ship outside of Texas and a phone call will be in order for any serious negotiations. thanks for looking! 806nine two 889four four

      Heres the Specs

      Frame: Bridgestone 53cm TT 51cm ST
      Wheels: Campagnolo Omega tubular rims laced to Campagnolo Record hubs (hella smooth)
      Tires: Continental Sprinter 22 tubulars (will need to be replaced but still hold air...prolly older than 15-20 years)
      Crank: Campagnolo Record Pista 50t 167.5
      Headset: Campagnolo
      Seatpost: Campagnolo Record
      Saddle: Cinelli Unicantor. Original line not a new reproduction..circa 1975ish
      Bars: Cinelli (super old, came of a Frejus circa 1960-65)
      Stem: Cinelli (off the same Frejus)
      Rear Cog: Suntour 16t
      Chain: Regina CX
      Pedals: Campagnolo, Ale Registered Torino toe clips, Specialized laminated leather strap (looks a bit old but cool as its branded "Specialized Italy")
      Coolness Factor: Super Boyoyyoing Kewl x10

      Heres some pics.

      * Location: Texas
      Posting ID: 3663423760