62cm Mercian frame Colorado - $550 (Highlands Ranch)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013
      http://boulder.craigslist.org/bik/3632457632.html

      CL > boulder > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: rbjjj-3632457632@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      Rare Mercian Colorado - $550 (Highlands Ranch)
      You are looking at vintage Mercian Colorado 24.5 in. (62cm) frame and fork. The frame is made of Reynolds 531 double butted tubing, original paint, Campagnolo front and rear dropouts. The frame is in good overall condition, no dents. It has always been stored in a grage or inside a home. There are a fair amount of scratches when you take a close look at it. The overall condition is good considering the age. It was purchased new in 1982. The geometry of this frame is for racing. Cornering is amazing with it and the ride is smooth. It comes with a Campagnolo Super Record bottom bracket and Mercian/Tange headset installed. The bottom bracket needs to be cleaned and regreased but is still in great shape.

      I do have a mixed group and wheels that I can sell with it for an additional $450.00 - the highlights of the group are Campognolo Record cranks 175cm (with chainrings), Campagnolo seat post, and Campagnolo brakes (need new pads and cables). The rear derailleur is Shimano 600 and the front is Suntour Superbe. Wheelset is Forte rims and hubs with aero spokes.

      I had planned to restore the bike but the price got too high - that is why the bike is taken apart. Willing to part out the group - make offer if interested. Thanks for looking.
      * Location: Highlands Ranch
      Posting ID: 3632457632