3Rensho tandem bicycle - $2650 Brooklyn NY Craigslst feb 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      Wow a 3Rensho tandem. 1st i seen!1
      Not seller and last post for today
      Not seller
      charles Nighbor
      Walnut Creek CA USA
      http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/3633301208.html

      CL > new york > brooklyn > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: bp3kw-3633301208@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      3Rensho tandem bicycle - $2650 (Brooklyn)
      **only serious inquiries please. Email your phone number and a good time to call you**

      OK, Here we go again. I posted this about two years ago and was discouraged by the large number of scammers and time wasters. This time it will be different. Up for sale is my lovingly cared for 3Rensho tandem. I am the original and only owner and purchased the frame new in the late 1980's At that time the frame alone listed for nearly $2K. It was built up with all new components. Originally sported Sun Tour friction shift barcons and a few years later I change to Campagnolo Record Ergo shifters. The frame is 60 cm captain 50 cm stoker. Being a child from the 1980's the rear has 126mm spacing. It is filet brased and absolutely gorgeous. The paint is in great shape. One decal has a wrinkle. I've seen number of 3Rensho tandems and this one by far is the best looking

      Here's what on it
      Wheels:
      Mavic Modulo 4 rims laced to Phil Wood hubs. I built them. The rear is 4X drive side and 3 cross non-drive. Front is 2X. I did this because when I did the calculation for the spoke length I realized that the front would have the same length as the non-drive rear. Spokes are DT 2mm stainless. Modulo 4 rims are hook bead they are MUCH safer to ride than most of the rims you see on tandems. But they do require slightly wider tires. The rear hub is threaded on the left for a Phil Wood disk brake.

      cranks - Specialized polished. front 175, rear 170. I actually had to buy two complete tandem cranksets to make this combo as Specialized didn't offer it. Triple chain rings

      seatposts - Sun Tour XC both front and rear

      front deraileur - Shimano
      rear deraileur Campagnolo Centaur, long cage

      handlebars - Cinelli 66-44
      front stem - Cinelli
      rear stem - Specialized/Santana

      freewheel - Sachs 7 speed

      brakes - HG style Shimano. They stop great with beautiful modulation when the pads are fresh

      shifters - Campagolo Record Ergo 8 speed. The nicest looking lever ever made. Yes, 8 speed and it work perfectly with the 7 speed 126mm rear. You just have one unused click at the bottom

      Can you come by and see it? By all means yes! Can you test ride it? No. Why? It has not been ridden in more than two years and it needs a tune up. The chains and the brake pads need to be replaced. BB bearings need to be cleaned and re-greased. The pedals have now been removed so are not included. I also don't want to watch anymore people who can barely ride a single attempt to ride this beautiful bicycle

      I love this bike. I rode it, among other places, in Switzerland. Amazing, fast, and responsive - but a handfull: This is a bike for someone likes to ride and has already taken the time to learn how to ride well. If you are an ocassional rider who thinks you're going to take the wife out for a spin on a couple of Sundays, forget it. This is not for you.
      It is best if total team less than around 340 pounds. The frame fits a wide variety of stokers. I've had people as short as 5' and as tall as 5' 8". I have always rode as captain and I am 6'2". Please note that the stokers top tube is shorter than you'll find on more recent frames.

      Questions? More pictures? Sure. I am happy to give more information to people who are seriously interested. Offers? I'd entertain them as long as you see the bike first
      * Location: Brooklyn
      Posting ID: 3633301208
      Edited: 2013-02-25, 11:35AM EST