beautiful 1984 Guerciotti - italian racing bicycle 55cm - $1800 (Carroll Gardens / Red Hook)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      Not seller
      charles nighbor walnut creek, ca usa
      http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/3640974896.html

      CL > new york > brooklyn > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      ReplyReply to: kqwhd-3640974896@...[?]
      flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
      beautiful 1984 Guerciotti - italian racing bicycle 55cm - $1800 (Carroll Gardens / Red Hook)
      I'm selling my most prized possession, a gorgeous machine from the golden era of Italian crafted racing bicycles, built by master builder Paolo Guerciotti in 1984. This one was bought new by a European bike importer whose business went bankrupt; it sat unused in his sister's garage for 28 years before I bought it, since which time it's been abiding on a display stand in my apartment. I've ridden it exactly once, and it's unbelievable, but I haven't been able to bring myself to use it any more than that.

      SPECS

      Columbus SLX Super-Butted ultra lightweight lugged chromoly frame. Custom pantographing at seat stays, brake bridge & bottom bracket shell, pantographed chrome fork, chrome chain stays. 21 5/8" / 55cm

      Cinelli handlebars & stem
      Campagnolo Super Record headset & bottom bracket
      Suntour Superbe seatpost

      Cerchi Nisi Moncalieri HR22 700c aluminum wheelset

      Shimano Dura Ace 7400 groupset: shifters, brake levers, front & rear derailleur, crank & chainring, pedals, hubs & skewers (pretty typically regarded as one of the most beautiful & functional sets of components ever made)

      New Fiammante DuoComp racing tires & tubes
      New Fizik Microtex bar tape
      New Velo vented saddle

      __

      This is a unique and timeless bike in near-perfect condition with an original, top-of-the-line set of racing components. Something like a $3,000 bike back in the day. The Dura Ace group + wheelset alone are likely worth somewhere between $600-$800. The rear wheel is in need of a truing, and there are a couple miniscule scratches from storage. Great for a display piece; great for a fixed-gear conversion if that's your thing; otherwise a true joy to ride. Serious offers only please. Full set of photographs here:

      https://plus.google.com/photos/111359072890965186903/albums/5848644394012305185
      * Location: Carroll Gardens / Red Hook
      Posting ID: 3640974896
      Edited: 2013-02-24, 6:08PM EST