Original early 80s AeroMiyata - $2750 (Austin) 61cm

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/3612269893.html

      CL > austin > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner

      ads not by this site
       Reply w3qb9-3612269893@... [?]
      flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of

      Original early 80s AeroMiyata - $2750 (Austin)

      I am nearing retirement and haven't ridden in years. And I realize now that I won't in the future, particularly living as I do in a big city. I have decided to sell my bikes, and this is one that I have always prized - an original early-80s AeroMiyata. History was made with the AeroMiyata, as it was the first aerodynamic production bicycle ever manufactured. It's equipped with the Dura Ace AX component group. These are state-of-the-art components, superior to Campagnolo, and works of art as well. (I say this having ridden 1000's of miles on an Italian bike with Campy components.)

      I doubt there are more than 2,000 miles on this bicycle, and I overhauled it completely about two years ago (and haven't ridden it since). The overall condition is very good, though not mint, with a couple of spots of abraded paint, a crimped seat tube decal, a scuff on one side of the saddle, and brake hoods that are showing their age. (I do have non-Dura Ace NOS aero brake hoods that I can include). Nonetheless, everything else but the tires and toe straps are original and look like new.

      The frame is 61 cm from center-to-top (59.5 cm center-to-center) and as you can see from the pictures on Photobucket, worthy of most custom frame builders. The AeroMiyata offers an excellent ride, but you may just want to take it out once or twice a year, and otherwise keep it on display. See photos at:

      http://s1247.beta.photobucket.com/user/rick_kendrick/library/

      (Please note that the other items pictured have already been sold.)

      Questions? Leave a message at 512-413-1476 or email me via Craigslist.

      Rick
       Austin, TX
       • Location: Austin
       •it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

      Posting ID: 3612269893

      Edited: 2013-02-12, 4:03PM CST