56cm Ochsner Road Bike. Full 8 Speed Campy Record . Columbus SL - $1200 (Logan Square)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/3577240572.html

      56cm Ochsner Road Bike. Full 8 Speed Campy Record . Columbus SL - $1200 (Logan Square)
       This listing is for a beautiful Ochsner 16-speed road bike. It is in excellent (9/10) condition, with a few cosmetic blemishes, nicks and paint chips, which have not been touched up. The bicycle is tuned perfectly, ready to ride, and needs nothing but a new owner. Below I have provided several pictures that show the bike in its current state, and I have provided component details to the best of my ability.

      The Ochsner company was not a manufacturer of bicycles or bike parts. They distributed mainly Italian frames and components. Many of the frames carrying the Oschner name were rebranded Colnago, Basso, and other Italian frames. In the 80s and 90s, their bikes were custom high end racing frames sold with top end components.
      The fully lugged frame was handmade in Switzerland from lightweight double-butted Columbus SL steel. It has Campy dropouts. It measures (center to center):
       - Top tube: 56cm
       - Seat tube: 56cm
       - Down tube: 62cm
       - Head tube: 11cm

      The wheels are lightweight, and unbelievably true:
       - Rims: Campagnolo Moskva 80 700c clincher
       - Hubs: Campagnolo Record
       - Tires: Continental Gatorskin 700 x 23c clinchers w/folding

      The 8 speed group set, or gruppo, is all 1994 Campagnolo Record:
       - Crank set: Campy 172.5mm arm length
       - First generation 8spd "Ergo Levers" (shift/brake levers)

      Other components include:
       - Stem: Cinelli quill, 120mm, 26.0 clamp diameter
       - Handlebars: Cinelli classic bend, 44cm width
       - Shimano 105 "Look" style clipless pedal
       - Regal leather saddle with copper rivets

      • Location: Logan Square
       •it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

      Posting ID: 3577240572