1975 61cm Masi - $1,600

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      Not mine Pix on link.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/3612238604.html

      For sale is a 1975 California built Masi GC. When I purchased this
      frame, it was in rough shape, having been chromed at some point, and
      subsequently painted white. I packed up the frame, and shipped it down
      to Brian Baylis, who did a miraculous job restoring the frame. Brian
      stripped the frame back down to the bare steel, and repainted the frame
      in it's original red with proper decals. The serial number on this
      frame is "03". In 1975, the California factory restarted it's serial
      number sequence, and the lug set on this frame is consistent with a
      1975.

      I was not SUPER retentive about getting the exact year components, but
      the entire drivetrain is Campy NR. The bars are new Nitto bars in the
      interest of safety. The bike rides like a dream, and has an interesting
      history. It's time to thin the herd and this bike gets ridden the
      least, so up she goes! I've only put about 100 miles total on this
      frame since restoration, so the coveted Baylis paint job is still minty.

      Seat Tube: 61cm C-C

      Top Tube: 59cm C-C

      Head Tube Angle: 74 degrees

      Seat Tube Angle: 74 degrees