Vintage Eddy Merckx bike by Falcon - $300 (Central Austin)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      email this posting to a friend austin craigslist > for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      please flag with care: [?]
      miscategorizedprohibitedspam/overpostbest of craigslist
      Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
      Vintage Eddy Merckx bike by Falcon - $300 (Central Austin)
      ________________________________

      Date: 2013-01-06, 6:20PM CST
      ________________________________

      This was my grandfather's bike, bought in the mid to late 70s, I believe. It's been well cared for, and other than a few nicks, the original paint and decals are in good condition. Too small for me to ride, unfortunately. (52 to 52.5 cm measured from mid crank to top of seat tube.) Maybe you'd like to fix it up to ride (the sew up tires are old), part it out, or hang it up as an art piece. It is a beauty! Here are a few details:

      Reynolds 531 frame tubing, lugged frame
      "Hand made in England by Falcon cycles"
      Campagnolo derailers and quick release hubs
      Sugino chainwheel
      Pryma leather saddle
      Weinmann Vainqueur center-pull brakes

      Send a message if you'd like to see the bike or have any questions....

      * Location: Central Austin
      PostingID:3527304444

      * Copyright © 2013 craigslist, inc.
      * terms of use