1980s, Mike Melton, pink, pics, 54.5cm, $1177 (craigslist / Phoenix)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      1980s, Mike Melton, pink, pics, 54.5cm, $1177 (craigslist / Phoenix)
      Not mine ...
      Bob HuffordSpringfield, MO
      http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bik/3473676647.html

      Stunning Custom 80's MELTON Dura Ace, Columbus - $1177 (Central & Northern)
      Date: 2012-12-12, 11:37AM MST sz7tm-3473676647@...
      This is an absolutely breathtaking bike and a wonderful ride!
      Mike Melton then went to California for a stint with Santana before returning to Dayton, Ohio. There he developed and built advanced bikes to be used by Greg LeMond and the USA team in various forms, including the Olympics in 1984 & 1988. Custom bikes built by Mike Melton are exceptional quality and very rare.

      This is the prettiest Melton that I have ever Seen! It was carefully used for a couple years and then put in storage, in LA. I am the second owner. The original owner raced professionally. This bike was just used recreationally. I can hardly find a scratch or nick anywhere in the paint or decals. The seat tube and top tube both measure 54.5cm center to center.
      All the components are original Dura-Ace. The brakes and flawless levers are Dura-Ace AX. The near flawless pedals with toe clips are Dura-Ace. The bottom bracket housing is Cinelli. Cinelli makes some of the nicest bottom bracket housings. Check this one out. It is one of the coolest looking ones they made! The drop outs are Campagnolo. The tubbing is Columbus Acciaio Speciale. The bar tape is Brooks leather. The frame was plated and then painted with a translucent magenta. The effect is stunning. Being a racer, the original owner had a number of handmade racing wheel sets that got swapped between bikes. It comes with the set that was on it when I bought it. The rims are tubular. The rear is Mavic DR10 and the front is Super Champion Competition. They are both laced to Shimano hubs and are very true and super smooth. The tires have some age on them but ride wonderfully and seem to never need air.

      The saddle, bottle cage, and blue leather pedal straps are not included. (I borrowed those straps from another bike)

      There must be some flaws. There are, but to me, they seem very minor. A small area of chrome at the top of the left seat stay has peeled. There is also some minor freckling on the top inside of that same seat stay There is also some minor (hard to see) freckling on the bottom of the lower head tube lug. All the other chrome is in very nice condition. If you have any questions you may cal me at 602-684-7825