Waterford 1900 Touring Bike/Rivendell - $1450 (Annapolis)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2012
      email this posting to a friend washington, DC craigslist > maryland > for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      please flag with care: [?]
      miscategorizedprohibitedspam/overpostbest of craigslist
      Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
      Waterford 1900 Touring Bike/Rivendell - $1450 (Annapolis)
      ________________________________

      Date: 2012-12-04, 8:47AM EST
      ________________________________

      This ad is for a Waterford Precision Cycles Model 1900 "Adventure Cycle" Touring Bike. Frame, fork, and headset only. Original owner. 56cm (theoretical) frame size. Actual seat tube length is 534mm. I'm 5'10" tall with a pbh of 84.5cm, and a saddle height of about 75cm. Rear spacing is 135mm. If you aren't familiar with their sizing, here's a link to the size chart at Waterford: http://waterfordbikes.com/now/geos.php?Model=648

      Frameset is a mix of Reynolds and True Temper tubing. The fork is the heavy duty model, (Reynolds 531) offered at extra cost. Henry James lugs, stainless steel dropouts, and fork crown. Last year, I sent the fork back to Waterford to have braze-ons added for the Rivendell Nitto mini rack (pictured, but not included) and subsequent repaint. The frame/fork have braze-ons for racks and fenders. The headset is unknown, but likely Tange. Seat post not included. Couple of paint chips that are visible in the last 2 photos. 1 near the drive side BB, and the other at the rack attachment points on the seat stays. No other damage, dings or dents.

      This bike rides like a dream. There's no other way to put it. If you are looking for a Touring or Randonneuring bike, look no further. Willing to ship for the associated costs.
      Over the next few weeks I'll be building up a complete bike with racks, and fenders ready to tour this fall. Frame or complete bike, either way. If this ad is running, the bike is available. I will not answer inquiries simply asking if the bike is available. Be creative.

      * Location: Annapolis
      PostingID:3440119384

      * Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.
      * terms of use
      * privacy policy
      * feedback forum

      http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/bik/3440119384.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2013
        http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/bik/3738590315.html

        CL > washington, DC > maryland > all for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
        ReplyReply to: vvqgq-3738590315@...[?]
        flag [?] : miscategorizedprohibitedspambest of
[...]

        Over the next few weeks I'll be building up a complete bike with racks, and fenders ready to tour this summer. Frame or complete bike, either way. If this ad is running, the bike is available. I will not answer inquiries simply asking if the bike is available. Be creative.

        * Location: Annapolis
        Posting ID: 3738590315

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2013
          http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/bik/3873416669.html
           0 favorites

          <
          CL washington, DC maryland all for sale / wanted bicycles - by owner Reply Reply to: pcpbq-3873416669@...[?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of
          Waterford 1900 Touring Bike/Rivendell - $1450 (Annapolis) This ad is for a Waterford Precision Cycles Model 1900 "Adventure Cycle" Touring Bike. Frame, fork, and headset only. Original owner. 56cm (theoretical) frame size. Actual seat tube length is 534mm. I'm 5'10" tall with a pbh of 84.5cm, and a saddle height of about 75cm. Rear spacing is 135mm. If you aren't familiar with their sizing, here's a link to the size chart at Waterford: http://waterfordbikes.com/now/geos.php?Model=648

[...]

          Posting ID: 3873416669
          Updated: 2013-06-29, 5:51AM EDT
          email to a friend