59cm Schwinn Super Le Tour ( Japanese ) -$150

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      Not mine. Pix on link.

      http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bik/3434986743.html

      Up for sale is a vintage late 1970s model schwinn Super leTour 12.2. The
      model is a significant part of schwinn's history because it was the one
      only model produced in japan in the 1970s. This bike has half the
      weight of other schwinn models of similar years. So it also marks the
      first time that schwinn was focused on weight reduction. The bike is
      typical look of schwinn road bikes of the 70s and 80s, with 10 speeds
      shift on the column, original and straight! wheels and tires. the brakes
      work lawlessly with fast action and room to take the tires off without
      disengaging. Bike could use a new saddle, but everyone should go to a
      bike store themselves and find a saddle that fits them anyway.

      I am not trying to say that the bike is a museum model or anything, but
      it is a nice clean piece of history that is also very functional. This
      bike has been ridden in 2 marathons with the United States Army Wounded
      Warriors on this bike and felt it was a comfortable ride.

      I purchased this bike about two months ago for these road races to raise
      support for Wounded Warriors and am looking to sell it now, as I love
      riding hand pedal recumbent bikes.

      I would like to get close to what I paid for it, paid 200 three weeks
      ago, f you have a valid reason why you think its over priced, then let
      me know.. I am interested in getting rid of it. Its in amazing shape
      compared to some of the other schwinns on here.

      Call or text me at (pqr) - stu - vwxy and I'm in the military so thats why my number is from out of town.