1989 52cm Brigestone MB-1 - $1,000

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      Not mine. Pix on link. Immaculate.

      http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/3452506137.html

      1989 Bridgestone MB-1 Comp

      I am the original owner of this bike. Overall it is in excellent
      condition with normal signs of use and the usual scrapes and chips in
      the paint. There are no dents in the frame.

      Original Bridgestone catalog here -

      http://sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1989/pages/bridgestone-1989-03.htm

      The seat tube measures 20 3/8" (51.75cm) from center to top of top tube.
      The top tube is 22 ½" (57cm) center to center. I am 5' 10 ½" and the
      bike is a good fit for me. I am not completely certain but I believe
      that this was Bridgestone's size 52 frame.

      The frame is made in Japan of lugged construction using Tange Prestige
      double butted chromoly tubes with an Erik Koski Dura-Trac constant taper
      fork.

      Component group is Shimano Deore-XT II with 7 speed hyperglide, two finger brake levers and indexed thumb shifters.

      Ritchey Vantage rims and Ritchey stem.

      The bike is all original with the following exceptions-

      Grips (new)

      Brake pads (new)

      Chain (new)

      Toe straps (new)

      Ritchey Mod Quad tires

      Middle (34) and inner (24) round chainrings

      Red nipples at cable ends

      An Avid Rollamajig has been added

      The rubber brake lever boots are missing

      Inner tubes are new and the tires have seen very little use.

      This bike is a fine example of the early Bridgestone mountain bikes.
      Many consider the 1989 model to be the best ever produced by Bridgestone
      and you'll probably never find an example as clean and original as
      this.

      Local pick up in Vista, CA or the bike will be professionally packed
      and shipped by UPS ground, insured. An adult signature will be required
      at delivery.

      $1000 plus shipping if applicable.