1983 62cm Miyata 610 - $325

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2012
      Not mine. Pix on link.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/3438610785.html

      I have owned this Miyata six ten (610) for over 10 years.

      This vintage 1983 Japanese tourer built by Miyata is in excellent
      condition. This lugged frame is constructed with Miyata double-butted
      chromoly main tubes.

      The frame has excellent clearance for large tires with fenders, and one could fit 700 Ã-- 38 wheelset easily with fenders.

      The paint has some minor scratches and chips, but nothing major. The
      frame is structurally perfect with no dents, cracks or bends in the
      frame.

      This bike still has the original gum wall tires. I like these original Japanese made tires.

      Comparing with Miyata 1000, which is considered as one of the finest
      production touring bicycles, the six ten feels stiffer and is more
      stable at cruising speed.

      I mean once you get going, this bike rides like a freight train.

      For that reason I chose the six ten over one thousand for a fully loaded bike touring.

      Here is more detailed spec:

      Size 62cm (24") - Would fit someone between 5'11" and 6'4"

      Frame Material: Double butted Cr-Mo tubing, Tapered seat stays, Miyata GT ends

      Headset: Tange MA-60

      Handlebar: SR Randonneur

      Stem: SR Custom

      Brakes: Dia-Compe 960 Cantilever

      Brake lever: Dia-Compe Aero

      Crankset: SR CT-5TG 52 x 47 x 32

      Detailleurs: (F) Suntour Superbe, (R) Mount-Tech

      Rims: Araya 16A 27" x 1-1/4" light alloy

      Hubs: Suntour RH-4600 Sealed Bearling

      Tires: Miyata 27" x 1-1/4"

      Saddle: ARIAKE 77NP-DX with SR CT-P5B pillar (in the first two pics)

      Fujita leather saddle shown in pic #3,4,6,9 and 10 is a $40 extra

      Color: Artesian Blue

      Price is firm. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR PHONE # FOR REPLY.

    • James Bond
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2013
        Not min. Pix on link.

        http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/4042986405.html

        I have owned this Miyata six ten (610) for over 10 years.

        This vintage 1983 Japanese tourer built by Miyata is in excellent
        condition. This lugged frame is constructed with Miyata double-butted
        chromoly main tubes.

        The frame has excellent clearance for large tires with fenders, and one could fit 700c wheelset easily with fenders.