Fuji America (Road Bike, Light Touring/Randonneur) - 57cm - $475 (oakland CL)

  • JimH
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2012
      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/3365166698.html
      <http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/3365166698.html> Good pictures.

      From the ad (not me)

      Now, on to this particular bike. First, the cons: I'm told that this
      bike did some time in outside (covered) storage, so there's a small
      amount of rust on the components here and there, nothing serious. Also,
      the paint and decals are probably in 6/10 condition. There are some
      sundry scrapes that I've touched up (most notably in the drive-side of
      the top tube and on the right fork blade) and the clear-coat on the
      non-drive side of the top tube is bubbly. A little bit of the "Fuji
      America" decal on the top tube has flaked off and the letters in the
      "FUJI" decal on the seat tube panel are "cracked." Lastly, the acorn nut
      on the rear brake caliper was replaced with a non-original nut. On the
      plus side: The chrome looks as good as new and all the bike's
      mechanicals are all solid. Everything was just tuned up and nearly all
      the consumables were recently replaced (chain, bar tape, brake pads,
      brake hoods, etc. The tires are nearly new 700x28 Panaracer Paselas in
      the folding version (an $80 set). The Suntour Superbe brakeset is an
      upgrade from the original Dia Compe 500Gs.