Schwinn Paramount Classic Touring Bike - $1100 craigslist Phoenix OCt 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012
      email this posting to a friend phoenix craigslist > phx north > for sale / wanted > bicycles - by owner
      please flag with care: [?]

      Schwinn Paramount Classic Touring Bike - $1100 (Flagstaff)

      Date: 2012-10-01, 8:49PM MST

      A classic 1974 Schwinn Paramount Touring Bike, with very rare original Phil Wood front disk brake. Frame is Reynolds 531 double-butted tubing; seat tube length is 22.5" / 57-58 cm (essentially "medium"). This is a beautiful bike worthy of a collector or someone who can appreciate riding a true classic.

      Given to me by original owner who rode it for several years then stored in his garage for about 25 years. I totally rebuilt it, stripping off everything and starting with a color-matched auto-quality repainting of the frame. I have numerous before/after restoration photos that I will make available, if you are interested. The bike has almost all original parts (Campagnola), though saddle (which has a tear) and rear derailer are 1970s vintage Suntour, and rear brake is Weinmann Carrara. During rebuild, I replaced all bearings, brake and shifter cables, brake lever boots, and bar grips. The Phil Wood brake is so rare that I have never even seen one for sale on a bike (or by itself) on eBay.

      Paramounts of this vintage routinely go for $1500 - $1800 on eBay, even without the added plus of a Phil Wood brake. I am asking only $1100 OBO.

      If interested, reply by email. I live in Flagstaff but come down to Phoenix regularly.

      Also have assorted accessories that came with bike, including extra (still packaged) chain, an original "Cat Eye - Velo" cycle computer, and some other small items. You will love this beauty!

      * Location: Flagstaff