58cm Woodrup 531 Reynolds NYC Craigslist

  • Julian Shapiro
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2012
      58cm Woodrup-Classic English 531 Reynolds w/ Full Campagnolo Record - $1100
      http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/3265125072.html

      Not the seller etc.

      Julian Shapiro
      Sag Harbor, NY

      Selling my 1972 Woodrup Giro Touring bike. This is a classic example of
      British frame building, with labor-intensive details like full wrap-around
      seat stays and a sloped fork crown. The frame is arrow-straight, with no
      accidents or repairs. The paint is original and glossy, no fading, no rust,
      has a few chips (see pictures). Generous chroming. 23" c-to-c seat tube.
      Lugged Reynolds 531 steel with Campagnolo forged dropouts.

      All of the components on the bike are Campagnolo Record -- the front & rear
      derailleurs; downtube shifters; the hubs, laced to Omega A-profile rims;
      the headset; the crankset and bottom bracket; the alloy-frame pedals and
      toe clips (Christophe straps); the micro-adjust seatpost; and the brakes
      and levers, including the rubber hoods, which are still intact and supple.
      Even the seat stay bolt is Campagnolo.

      Cinelli stem and bars, with fresh Benotto tape. A brand new Brook B-17
      Narrow saddle, as well as new Panaracer Pasela TourGuard tires.

      This bike was ridden on club trips in the 1970s, then put into dry storage
      until now. I recently purchased the bike from the original owner, but the
      frame turned out to be a bit large for me.