FUSO by Dave Moulton for sale. 55 cm c to c. $500 LA Craigslist sep 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1 4:54 PM
      Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2012 4:45 PM
      Subject: FUSO by Dave Moulton for sale. 55 cm c to c. $500

      http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/bik/3238476656.html

      Not seller charles nighbor vwalnut creek, ca USA

      FUSO by Dave Moulton for sale. 55 cm c to c. - $500 (Ontario)Date: 2012-09-01, 12:44PM PDT

      Reply to: mailto:4xw6c-3238476656@...?subject=FUSO%20by%20Dave%20Moulton%20for%20sale.%20%2055%20cm%20c%20to%20c.%20%20%20-%20%24500%20(Ontario)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flosangeles.craigslist.org%2Fsgv%2Fbik%2F3238476656.html%0A [Errors when replying to ads?]

      Fuso by Dave Moulton. 55 cm center to center. 57 cm by Moulton's system. Top tube 55 center to center. Frame # 745. Frame is drilled for dual bottle cages. Six speeder.

      Fuso was a production brand created by Dave Moulton, creator of the handmade Dave Moultons and one of the primary fabricators for Masi down in North County, San Diego.

      This frame is lugged, silver brazed, and beautiful. It's Columbus tubing is oiled, and naked. The fork most likely isn't orig. to the frame as it has Gipiemme dropouts where the frame has Columbus dropouts. The fork has a nice Cinelli crown. Overall, this bike is seriously beautiful, I spent lots of time putting it together. I'm moving out of the country, so, bike has to go. Going to the Republic of Georgia for a while, and then hopefully Scotland for grad school. To have it shipped will just cost too much. I'll look for a Hetchins or something once I get over to Blighty.

      Fuso frame (orig. color was a hideous yellow and orange). At one point, the bike had external rear brake cable braze-ons before someone (most likely Dave Moulton) installed the internal top tube cable routing bungs. Somewhere there is a story for this bike.

      Columbus seatpost, drilled.
      Brooks B17 (modded, not shaved).
      Modolo Inter. Pat. Brakes and pads.
      Handmade track stem made prior to 1950. Raw steel. Made by a guy named Florman (?). Was a state champ track guy from Illinois I believe. The steel's patina vs. the brass brazing is pretty damn amazing.
      Campagnolo Super Record cranks.
      Campagnolo six speed Record friction shifter.
      Campagnolo High Flange 36 hole hubs. DT spokes.
      Mavic Open Pro rims.
      Benotto "Celo" black bar wrap w. Cinelli gel strips on bar flats.
      ALE aluminum bottle cage.
      Shimano 600 Arabesque rear derailleur.
      Hatta R9400 NJS bottom bracket.
      SR bars 38 cm. (was always going to change these out, but they worked out so well they stayed, even over the wider Cinelli sets I have in the garage).
      TUFO tubular clincher tires. TUBULAR CLINCHER tires. These run up to 170 psi. I've ridden them at that pressure, and hot damn, the bike rides fast. The extremely harsh ride detracts though. I ride them at around 110-120 psi. Comes with TUFO rubber slime and a spare tubular clincher tire.

      $500.00 or best offer.
      Tim
      Nine zero nine. six 5 seven. eight 0 seven 2.

      I don't want to sell this, but it needs to find a new home. If lowballed, I'll just part out.

      Take Care.

      * Location: Ontario
      * it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interestsPostingID: 3238476656

      *