Jack Taylor, MacLean, Bates etc FS eBay england

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2012
      will ship USA

      Sent: Friday, July 6, 2012 2:21 PM
      Subject: Jack taylor, Bates etc FS eBay england

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/doublefixed/m.html?hash=item3f1959efce%c2%a0
      Due to a change in circumstances I have decided to sell my cycle collection.
      Over the forth coming weeks there will be more bikes, frames and lots of components. Including quite a number of rare and hard to find parts.
      Condition will be described and will also be visible from the many high resolution photographs supplied with each listing.

      Bicycle number 8

      Jack Taylor 650b Super Tourist Tandem

      Frame number- 7183
      Built- 27 of May 1977
      See photo of Norman Taylor's build list.

      Captain seat tube - 23" center to top.
      Stoker seat tube - 21" center to top.

      650b wheels.

      Components-

      Maxi Car front drum hub brake.
      Maxi Car rear hub.
      MAFAC tandem cantilever brakes.
      MAFAC brake levers with Tandem specific right lever operating both canti's. Left operates the Maxi Car drum.
      Campagnolo Rally long cage touring rear derailleur.
      Campagnolo Nuovo Record front derailleur.
      Campagnolo Nuovo Record gear levers.
      Campagnolo vertical dropouts.
      TA cross over tandem chainset. Fitted with front ring for kiddy cranks. Easily removed.
      Brooks B72 and B17 saddles.
      Lefol hammered mudguards with integral rear light.
      Front lamp requires lens.
      Weinmann 650B alloy rims.
      Front tyre Wolber Super randonneur.
      Rear tyre Michelin 650B tandem.
      *Included in the sale is a brand new pair of Grand Bois 650B tyres*
      Stronglight P3 headset.
      Milremo stems.
      GB bars.
      Lyotard and Shimano alloy pedals.
      REG bottles.
      Soubitez bottle dynamo.
      Alloy pump.
      Velox bar end plugs.
      Internal dynamo wiring.
      Jack Taylor front and rear touring racks.

      Completely original. 1 owner from new.
      The enamel and box lining are superb. Barely a mark.
      Beautifully fillet brazed.
      The tandem has seen very little use, probably only a few hundred miles from new.
      Always dried stored.
      Superbly preserved.

      See photographs.

      This tandem was delivered to York Rally in 1977 and used as a show piece on the Jack Taylor Cycles stand. Then taken home by the new owners whom it was custom built for.

      Postage:£225.00- Parcelforce Global PrioritySee more services See postal discounts
      Start of LayerEnd of Layer| See all delivery details
      International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.
      Item location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
      Post to: Worldwide

      Please only bid if you intend to buy.

      Not seller
      Charles Nighbor
      Walnut Creek, CA USa

      I can completely strip, pack and box the tandem if the winning bidder is happy to arrange and pay for their own courier.
      **So please ignore postage cost. Buyer needs to arrange shipping**
      Collection welcome.
      Or I can deliver the tandem as pictured for cost of fuel and my time. This would need to be arranged prior to bidding.