1984 56cm Trek 720 - $980

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2012
      Not mine Pix on link.

      http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/2983500843.html

      This is a classic Trek 720 touring bike in very good condition with lots
      of new parts, basically a new bike built on a gem of a frame. The USA
      built, Reynolds 531c (C is for competition) tubed frame is near perfect
      with only a few minor chips in the paint, no rust, no wear marks at all,
      and no dents. This frame got little to no use and is super light for a
      touring bike. All you need is your favorite rear rack...

      Double rear eyelets for rack and fenders, bottle bosses for a total of
      three cages, mid-fork eyelets for low-rider front panniers and dropout
      eyelets for front fenders as well.

      Asking $980 cash only, and I'm in Venice.

      The geometry is:

      56.5cm seat tube center-to-center

      56cm top tube center-to-center

      46-48cm chainstay length (horizontal drop-outs)

      32.75" standover height (83cm)

      This bike will fit someone 5'10 to 6'1" I'm just under 6' and it's just right for me.

      Components include:

      Stronglight needle bearing headset 1", original

      Shimano XTR front derailleur, vintage

      Shimano 105 rear derailleur, new

      Shimano 8 spd bar end shifters, new

      Sugino triple crankset 48/36/24t near new

      Shimano 105 front and rear hubs laced to Sun CR-18 27" rims w/ DT Champion double butted spokes, all new

      Gran Compe Ene stem 100mm, new

      Nitto Noodle handlebars 44 cm, new

      Tektro brake levers, new

      Shimano cantilever brakes, original, w/ new pads

      Brooks B.17 honey saddle, new

      Velo Orange bottle cages, 2, new

      Panaracer Pasella Tour Guard tires, new

      Kalloy 27mm seat post, new