3 Rensho Custom Aero Frame

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2012 8:55 AM
      Subject: 3 Rensho Custom Aero Frame

      http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/2927592948.html

      email this posting to a friend austin craigslist > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care: [?]

      3 Rensho Custom Aero Frame - $2500 (Austin, TX)

      ________________________________
      Date: 2012-03-28, 3:38PM CDT
      Reply to: cgfkg-2927592948@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      ________________________________

      I believe it was 1985 when I met Yoshi Konno at the Chicago Area Bicycle Dealers Assn (CABDA) bicycle show. We talked for quite some time, and I consequently ordered a custom Dave Grylls-style aerodynamic track/time trial frameset. I left the bicycle business (and the USA) a year later, having ridden (not raced) on it only once or twice (on the track in Kenosha, WI).

      This is absolutely beautiful and the photos don't do justice to it. There is some paint abraded at the front and rear dropouts, but otherwise it's as close to mint as one can find. Again this is not a production frame, but a one-of-a kind, collectible, custom-made work of art.

      I've kept it over the years, thinking I might ride it again, but the fact is I'm well into my 50s and there's no velodrome here in Austin, TX. I've decided to part with it as I have no place to ride it or display it. I'm perfectly willing to show it to any interested buyer.

      This is a 60 cm frame and currently has a Shimano Dura-Ace bottom bracket and Tange headset. I still have lots of parts left over from my bike shop days and am willing to provide other and/or additional components if desired (I have enough to make a complete bike).

      The price is $2,500, and believe me, this gem is well worth it. More pictures can be viewed on photobucket at:

      http://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/rick_kendrick/

      If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. You can use the Craigslist e-mail address or leave a message at (512) 413-1476. Thanks!

      Rick Kendrick

      * Location: Austin, TX
      * it's is ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interestsPostingID: 2927592948