Fw: 1975 Eisentraut touring frameset, 63cm, handmade in Oakland $699

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor2@...>
      To: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor2@...>
      Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 4:07 PM
      Subject: 1975 Eisentraut touring frameset, 63cm, handmade in Oakland $699

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2934713807.html

      email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > east bay > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care: [?]

      1975 Eisentraut touring frameset, 63cm, handmade in Oakland - $700 (berkeley)

      ________________________________
      Date: 2012-04-01, 2:03PM PDT
      Reply to: dp2qn-2934713807@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      ________________________________

      This is a 1975 Eisentraut touring frameset. I've used it as my daily rider for around 6 months now. I like it, alot, but it's time to move on to something else.
      This frame was designed and handmade in Albert Eisentraut's shop at 2200 Adeline in Oakland. Albert Eisentraut is considered to be the godfather of American framebuilders and also one of the greatest framebuilders of our times. Many framebuilders who currently have their own shops made frames in under Albert including Bruce Gordon, who made this frame.

      The frame has zero dents or dings, but has a handful of paint nicks and scrapes. The color is an amazing translucent grey-silver that changes color from dark pewter to purplish in depending on the lighting and your viewing angle.

      58cm top-tube center to center
      63cm seat-tube center to center
      Beautiful Nervex hand-carved lugs
      Front and rear fender and rack eyelets as well as upper braze-on rack mounts
      Lightweight double butted steel, probably Reynolds 531

      I will include the Campagnolo Record headset with the frame and fork.

      Other parts that I can include to make it a complete bike:
      -Dura-Ace 7402 172.5mm cranks
      -Velo-orange sealed bearing bottom bracket (for the above cranks)
      -Suntour Cyclone Mk. 1 rear derailleur
      -Suntour Cyclone Mk. 1 front derailleur
      -Nitto dynamic stem
      -Nitto handlebars
      -Mavic Open 4 CD rims laced to Record 1034 hubs with a 6-speed Suntour freewheel, including tires
      -Suntour bar-end shifters
      -Tektro brake levers
      -Jim blackburn rear rack

      I'll bundle everything above for an additional $500.

      So the complete would be $1200.

      Email if you have any question and would like to see pictures.

      Thanks!

      * PostingID: 2934713807