Merckx, 7-11, red/green/white, pics, 58cm, $2299 (craigslist / Phoenix)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
      Merckx, 7-11, red/green/white, pics, 58cm, $2299 (craigslist / Phoenix)
      Not mine ...
      ------------------------------
      Merckx 7-11, A Classic Beauty 58CM - $2299 (Scottsdale)
      Date: 2012-03-03, 6:49PM MST
      Reply to: ccdm2-2883384389@...

      I am parting with my beautiful Merckx 7-11 SLX bike. The bike is 58cm ST and 57cm TT, and has been ridden, but is in beautiful shape. The chrome is perfect, there are a few nicks and some touch ups on the top tube, but no dents or dings. The paint is vibrant. The saddle is a Regal Ti, everything is Dura Ace 8 speed, which was original to the bike when it was first sold. Cinelli bars/stem, and Campy rims.Flat chromed fork. The hub on the bike is a UG. I will put a new chain on the bike and include a spare, as well. Crank/BB is 7402 53/39 rings. The cogs include the hard to find 26 tooth. DA 8 speed is a fantastic gruppo, and the bike rides beautifully. The tires need replacing, and I will throw in a set. I will also include the two used but not abused Descente 7-11 jerseys, the short sleeve is an XXL and the long sleeve heavier outer wear is L.

      It is a striking bike, and in overall fantastic condition. All the wheels are round and true.
      I will be happy to take close ups of anything you need to make an intelligent decision.

      Many more Pics at:https://picasaweb.google.com/117289174440516737292/BarryS711

      I would estimate the shipping for everything at around $100, maybe slightly higher to the East coast. I will charge actual shipping, plus a couple of bucks for the pipe insulation to cover the tubes.It will be beautifully packed.

      In addition to the two chains, new tires and two jerseys, I have available many parts to keep you riding DA 8 for years to come. You can see pix of the parts at the same URL, but I have listed some below:
      extra 8 spd Dura Ace STI's
      extra DA BB 7410 Italian
      two DA head sets
      extra DA 7402 RD
      spare wheelset w/DA skewers, Hyperglide hub, frt radial, bladed spokes OP 32h
      Maybe 40+ extra cogs, including another of the impossible to find UG 26t
      I will sell these parts at great prices to the buyer of the bike. PLEASE-I will not part the bike out, do not ask. (I hope the buyer will keep it as God intended, in original 8 speed, but not my decision.).

      A rare opportunity to own a classic bike that was part of American cycling history.

      Location: Scottsdale
      http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/2883384389.html