56cm Road Bike Olmo Syntex Columbus SLX Steel - Campagnolo Record

  • Charles F Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012
      http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/2821421620.html%c2%a0email this posting to a friend orange co craigslist > for sale / wanted > bicycles please flag with care: [?]
      Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info56cm Road Bike Olmo Syntex Columbus SLX Steel - Campagnolo Record - $1750 (North Tustin)Date: 2012-01-27, 1:20PM PST
      Reply to: sale-yhjxz-2821421620@... [Errors when replying to ads?]
       If the term "steel is real" means nothing to you, stop reading now and just walk away. If you like high end lugged steel bicycles with modern components, read on. Get the best of both worlds - Columbus SLX frame & fork with contemporary components. Here's what's up for grabs.

      Frame: Olmo Syntex Columbus SLX; Circa 1986 lugged steel with original paint and matching fork. This frame is the top-of-the-line made in Italy. (some scratches on the paint, but no dents and never crashed)
      Headset: Suntour Superbe Pro (like butter)
      Stem: (26mm clamp) NOS Deda Elementi Murex Quill
      Handlebar: Deda 215 w/Fizik logo bar tape
      Saddle: Fizik Arione
      Brake/Shift Levers: 2005 Campagnolo Record 10 Ultra (carbon fiber)
      Front & Rear Derailleurs: 2006 Campagnolo Chorus 10
      Brake Calipers: 2005 Campagnolo Record 10 (titanium)
      Brake/Shift Cables: Campagnolo (new)
      Bottle Cages: Arundel Stainless (new)
      Seatpost: NOS Campagnolo Record (carbon fiber)
      Crankset & Bottom Bracket: 2006 Campagnolo Record 10 (titanium bottom bracket)
      Pedals: Shimano Dura Ace
      Wheels: 2009 ROL Race SL w/Continental GP4000 Tires (I like these better than my Mavic Ksyrium SL's)
      Rear Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus 12-25
      Chain: Campagnolo Record 10

      $1,750 buys you a truly incredible bicycle. Less than 300 miles on the entire set-up. The steel has a classic stiff and smooth ride. The components give you the modern edge. I thought about putting a carbon fiber fork on, but the steel fork rides so well I never did. I would put this bike up against any current steel frame on the market today. My primary ride is a Colnago C50, and this Olmo gives it a run for the money. I hate to sell her, but this was a fun project and it's now time she went to someone who'll take her out more often. And "NO" I will not ship, so please don't ask. Cheers!

      Location: North Tustinit's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interestsPostingID: 2821421620

      Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum