57cm 1974 Bob Jackson vintage yellow road bike

  • Charles F Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012
      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2830834853.html%c2%a0email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > east bay > for sale / wanted > bicycles please flag with care: [?]
      Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info57cm 1974 Bob Jackson vintage road bike - $650 (oakland north / temescal)Date: 2012-02-02, 7:33AM PST
      Reply to: ehxcc-2830834853@... [Errors when replying to ads?]
       Hello

      I have a 1974 steel Bob Jackson road frame (date verified), yellow with red logos and lug detail, all original paint. The frame has original Reynolds 531 butted tubes and fork stays. I am asking $650 o.b.o.

      Here are the specs:
      • Seat tube: 57cm center to center
      • Top tube is 56cm center to center
      • Bottom bracket thread: English
      • Seat post: 26.8
      • Front derailleur clamp: 28.6
      • Head tube is 1" and steerer is 1" English threading.
      • Rear spacing: 126mm
      • Frame is for non-recessed brake nuts
      • Serial number is 10809 stamped on b shell

      The original paint job is great for a bike this old, but there are a few nicks and some normal pitting on the rear drop out. There are no major dents and the frame is totally straight.

      About one year ago, I purchased the frame, took it to Recycle Bicycle in Berkley, and had them install new:
      • bottom bracket
      • crank arms and chain ring
      • pedals
      • Seiki headset
      • Nitto Technomic stem

      These were all parts that the mechanic recommended for this bike. All bearings are very smooth and were installed by a pro.

      Then, I myself added:
      • Vuelta wheelset (flip hub, single or fixed)
      • Continental Touring plus tires
      • Ritchey bars (used)
      • Fizik bar tape
      • Seat post (used)
      • FSA seat
      • Tektro hand brake
      • Dia Compe brake with new pads (used)

      I also installed some brake hoods with black covers, but with no levers. This is just to make climbing hills easier but you may want to change the hardware, or perhaps ride it as a fixed gear. A note: this bike fits vintage Campagnolo Nuovo Record accessories.

      Those of you looking at this post are most likely familiar with the name Bob Jackson. For those who are not, he was a builder in Leeds, England in the old days, and these vintage bikes are hand made collector's items. If you do 10 minutes of research you can get a better idea of the quality and value. Let me know if you have questions and I will do my best to answer them.

      I am selling this bike because I need a touring bike to do some long trips this summer. I am open to trades, for maybe a 56cm -- 58cm Surley LHT, or something similar, but would rather get cash to buy something. Please reply and we can work out a time to meet up. Weeknights after 4pm or weekends work best. I am happy to meet at a BART station, too.

      (I can send you high res photos if you'd like)

      Thanks!

      it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interestsPostingID: 2830834853

      Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum