'89 MB-1 on craigslist.org

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2002
      Not mine ...

      ---------------------

      Bridgestone MB-1 - 1989 - $650

      Reply to: anon-7048218@...
      Date: Tue Nov 26 13:26:52 2002

      For sale: 1989 Bridgestone MB-1 20"

      This is one of mountain biking's classic bikes. Designed by Grant Peterson
      the original retro-grouch, this bike has gained cult status. I'm 6'0" and
      the frame fits me well - I'd imagine anyone from 5'10" to 6'1" would fit
      this bike. The top tube does not slope, so don't compare the frame size to
      modern frames. This bike is in great condition! It's grey and white, and
      the the tubeset is Tange Prestige.

      Currently the bike is set up as a single speed, but I have all of the
      original parts. I'll sell the bike in two different states.

      Option 1: I'll put it back into it's original (from the factory) specs.
      Price: $650.
      This includes a full 1989 XT set-up, thumb shifter, the original tires (in
      good condition), the original tubes (hold air), Ritchey Vantage rims,
      Ritchey Logic stem, XT biopace cranks and rings, etc. The only part of the
      bike not in great shape is the original stem - it has a bit of rust on the
      bottom of the stem. The only part that is not original are the grips - I
      think I have them, but they were cut to install bar ends.

      Option 2: Buy it as a single speed, and I'll give you all of the original
      parts. Price: $775.
      Includes everything from above plus: extra set of wheels (XT hubs and
      Bontrager Mustang rims) from 1997, XT crankset (from 2000?), Surly
      Singulator chain tensioner, non original bar, and non original stem.

      I'm the second owner of this bike. The origainla ower used it very little.
      I bought it 1 1/2 year's ago and have ridden it less than 100 miles as a
      single speed. It's in great shape.