1992 56cm Bridgestone RB-1 - $600

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2011
      Not mine. Pic on link.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/2683156781.html

      I have for sale a 1992 Bridgestone RB-1.

      A brief list of the features of this bike.

      Full Ultegra/Dura Ace components.

      Brand new, less than 20 miles Brooks B17 saddle. Not broken in.

      Still has the original Ritchey biplane forks.

      2x8 gears.

      Shimano hubs

      Lugged steel frame

      56cm frame.

      A second stem with less reach and more height.

      The not so fantastic.

      The paint looks great from 5 feet. There is one spot under the bottle
      cages where the paint has been fixed and looks like it was done with a
      rattle can.

      The handlebars are a bit scratched from the person, me, who swapped out the stems.

      The bike is an absolute classic. Certainly one of Bridgestone's greatest.

      http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/

      This bike does ride like a dream. I got it for jaunts around town and
      some commuting. Unfortunately, it turns out I am not nearly as young and
      hip as I thought I was, bordering on being a complete candy ass in my
      advancing years and I just can not get back into downtube shifters.
      Tuned and ready to go.

    • James Bond
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2013
        Not mine. Pix on link.

        http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/3760425998.html

        all original as from factory in 1992 except for tires and tubes, (and
        new handlebar tape) Quattro butted (4x) seamless Ishiwata O22E Cro-Mo
        steel hand brazed into skillfully minimalist hand-filed lugs, everything
        is Shimano tri-color 600 except for brakes. Those who study vintage
        lugged steel classic Japanese roadies all want to own a RB-1, as they
        are arguably the most iconic production bike from the era.

        This was a local bike, but it has several scratches (but no dents) and
        the last owner hogged out the valve-stem holes to accept Shraeder valves
        so he could use the gas-station air hose to inflate the tires. In my
        opinion, a sad thing to do those fab Ritchey Vantage Comp road rims.

        Google the 1992 Bridgestone catalog for specifications, this was the middle size at 56cm center-to-top.

        this bike will surely rise in value as an investment machine as the Sun
        has set on the production of Japanese lugged steel roadies because the
        labor and materials became too expensive to produce today.

        Price is cash firm, there just are not many available RB-1 Bridgestones
        out there. May bring bike to meet buyers at either SSF BART or SSF
        Caltrain stations.

        To be sure to be contacted, include your phone number for me to call you. (I'm 5'10" and this bike is a perfect fit for me)