Fw: DAVIDSON IMPULSE ** 56cm

  • Charles F Nighbor
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
      From: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor2@...>
      To: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor1@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 11:07 AM
      Subject: FW: DAVIDSON IMPULSE ** 56cm

      From: cnighbor2@...
      To: cnighbor2@...
      Subject: DAVIDSON IMPULSE ** 56cm
      Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:47:29 -0700

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2011
        From: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor2@...>
        To: Charles Nighbor <cnighbor1@...>
        Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:32 PM

        http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/bik/2649337702.html

      • Charles F Nighbor
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 17, 2011
          ----- Forwarded Message -----
          From: "rdf1249@..." <rdf1249@...>
          To: cnighbor1@...; sale-hp9ye-2649337702@...
          Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:42 AM
          Subject: Re: DAVIDSON IMPULSE ** 56cm

          Hi there - Good looking bike.  The Impulse is not a Signature though.  Signature means it is a one-off custom design.  We made thousands of the Impulse model, in about 14 stock sizes, over the course of about 12 years.  And it is made of Tange Prestige, not Reynolds.  Prestige was equivalent to Reynolds 753 for weight and strength, but more workable.  A very nice light top quality frame with all investment cast parts, equivalent to a Masi, De Rosa, Serotta, or Pinarello of the time.

          Your price is too light by the way.  I would ask $1500 for that in the store.  I have about 8 used ones in the shop for sale plus a few frames.  I get about $700 for just a frame.  Like you noted, new frames are $2000+.

          regards and good luck with the sale.

          Bob Freeman
          Elliott Bay Bicycles
          2116 Western Ave