"real steel" VINTAGE 1982 RALEIGH PRESTIGE road bike - $1000 (Earl Park Indiana)

  • smontanaro
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2011
      (Not sure of the precise posting protocol. This is my best guess from
      following the list for a couple months.)

      Not mine.

      From Chicago CL:

      http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/2634960141.html

      1982 RALEIGH "PRESTIGE" ROAD bicycle. This is a superb example of an
      original condition low miles indoor stored one owner bike. Perfect for a
      fixie project or ride as-is. You can proudly park this on Michigan avenue
      with all that vintage steel. Amaze your friends with this outstanding
      example of English bicycle technology. Very ornate construction, lots of
      chrome. The chrome and paint is in superb condition. One minor abrasion on
      the top tube (I show in the video) Old enough to be very cool, but new
      enough to have the indexed shifting and 700C wheels with sealed bearing hubs
      - I rode this bike 16 miles on the 15th of September and it is silent, and
      100% operational. It needs absolutely nothing to enjoy now. The tires are
      Bonetrager and they are in excellent condition.

      Reynolds 555 Chromo-steel frame, Campagnolo DeRosa crankset

      I have the original owners manuals and books.

      I post high quality images and you can see everything about this bicycle by
      watching my comprehensive in-depth review and demonstration of this actual
      bicycle on YouTube. I explain the entire bicycle, all of the components, and
      detailed close-up video and images on the video. Simply follow this link to
      watch the YouTube video of this bicycle:

      The YouTube movie of my RALEIGH PRESTIGE

      When new, it retailed for $700 (in 1982 dollars)

      14-speed.

      frame size 63cm (23.75 inches) Stand-over height 88cm (34.5inches)

      Very nice Suntour SUPERBE component group

      Simply follow this link to see high resolution images and more information
      about this bicycle:

      The web page of my RALEIGH PRESTIGE

      I grew up in the bike business, I am qualified to have an opinion on the
      condition of this unit.

      CONTACT INFORMATION - My week day (Monday through Friday) phone before 4:00
      p.m. EST (3:00P.M. CHICAGO TIME) 219 474 6657. Saturday and Sunday before
      9:00 or 10:00 a.m.

      To ward off typical Craig's list scammers, I do not include email in this
      message. I believe sincerely interested persons can use the
      telephone. Certainly, long distance rates are not that expensive?

      Thanks for looking.