1970 Vintage Raleigh Super Course 58cm

  • Charles F. Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2011
      1970 Vintage Raleigh Super Course 58cm<http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2580585206.html>
      Worth buying??
      Charles
      email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > east bay > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care: [?]

      1970 Vintage Raleigh Super Course 58cm - $300 (berkeley north / hills)

      Date: 2011-09-03, 12:51PM PDT
      Reply to: sale-8axpw-2580585206@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      This is a 1970 Super Course- Reynolds 531 tubing with nervex lugs, the Raleigh anniversary head tube badge, Weinmann brake bridge between the seat stays. The Carlton black & gold decal on seat tube, and many upgraded components from the era. The seat tube is 58 cm.

      This is an amazingly lightweight, well made bike in great shape. It would be fun to restore as is, or remake the frame and fork into a different configuration- the clearance on the frame will allow for much larger tires and fenders. The components are still in good shape but need a cleanup- the back wheel has one broken spoke. The Brooks saddle in the photo is no longer available with the bike, so instead I've replaced it with a San Marco Concor Light.

      You aren't going to find a bike like this very often, or at all- it is hard to beat a well made lugged, lightweight steel frame with plenty of tire clearance. Here are the components:

      Weinmann Vainqueur 750 brakes

      Piva rims

      Campy Record Hubs

      Campy Nuova Rear Derailler

      Shimano 50 Front Derailler

      Simplex downtube shifters

      Cinelli (made in Milano) stem

      Sugino Cranks

      Sugino Bottom Bracket

      Regina chain

      Please email me with your phone number or call me at 530-848-0361 if you are interested in purchasing this bike. Enjoy!

      a.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests