$599 59cm Marinoni Special Pista Frameset

  • Charles F. Nighbor
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      59cm Marinoni Special Pista Frameset<http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/2575309423.html.
      email this posting to a friend boston craigslist > boston/camb/brook > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care: [?]

      59cm Marinoni Special Pista Frameset - $600 (02134 - Pomeroy Street)

      Date: 2011-08-31, 1:05PM EDT
      Reply to: sale-vmupg-2575309423@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      One of my most favorite bikes I have ever owned is sadly getting parted out, as I have recently decided that 13 bikes is a few too many for my small apartment.

      This frame is special, they just don't make them like this anymore. No, really, Mr. Marinoni is still building in Montreal today and he does not make them like this anymore. It is a lugged gem from the 90's.

      This frame was one of the first out of the door in 1990, sporting the new decals (for the year) and gorgeous chrome accents throughout.

      Just take a look at the photos here: http://velospace.org/node/26984

      The highlights:
      - Columbus SP tubing
      - paint is in good-used shape, with a few chips here and there but overall it still looks great
      - full chrome fork and rear triangle
      - cast fork crown and lower headtube lug, "M" for Marinoni
      - campagnolo track ends and fork dropouts
      - campagnolo record headset and seatpost binder bolt
      - comes with brand new decal set as well (if you ever would like to restore, as I once intended)

      The frame is a rare find in this neck of the woods and truly a beautiful example of Mr. Marinoni's craftmanship.

      Please email with any questions, thanks!

      a.. Location: 02134 - Pomeroy Street
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests