1970s, Lambert, blue/white, pics, 22.5", $130 (craigslist / N. Mich)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      1970s, Lambert, blue/white, pics, 22.5", $130 (craigslist / N. Mich)

      Not mine ...

      Death Fork?

      Vintage Lambert 10-Speed - Hand-Crafted in England - $130 (Charlevoix)

      Date: 2011-06-25, 2:22PM EDT
      Reply to: sale-faybm-2462041828@...

      Lambert bicycles were built in England for only a few years in the early 1970's, before being bought out by Visconti. This is their top of the line gold professional model. It is very rare to find one of these in the USA.

      It has an alloy 1027 (as far as I can make it out) steel frame. The bike itself has a total weight of around 25 lbs. It is hand-crafted with many of the parts being manufactured by the Lambert company. It has a Simplex derailer. The original seat has been replaced with a modern gel. It measures approximately 22-12" from the center of the crank to the seat post on the frame. Or about 56-58cm in size. I'm 5'10" and it seemed like a good fit.

      Overall, I'd rate its condition as very good. The tires need replacing, there are some small chips in the paint and it needs to be gone through because of the time spent in storage. I'm asking $130. Contact by e-mail is best. But if you want to try by phone, call 23one 5four7-676three before 9PM.

      http://nmi.craigslist.org/bik/2462041828.html