Palo Alto 80's Custom Made Italian Road Bike 55cm

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011
      Stunning Late 80's Custom Made Italian Road BikeSF CL Charles
      email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > east bay > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care: [?]

      Stunning Late 80's Custom Made Italian Road Bike - $1250 (walnut creek)

      Date: 2010-12-31, 10:18AM PST
      Reply to: sale-myabn-2137603575@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      Purchased in the late 1980's this is a handmade Italian road racing machine -- full Campagnolo Super Record! Bill of fare listed below, and check out the pictures as they speak for themselves.

      * Custom made for Palo Alto cycles in the mid-1980's this 55 CM full Columbus tubing road racing machine features chromed Campagnolo drop-outs, chromed chainstay, and GORGEOUS custom touches throughout.
      * Campagnolo Super Record front and rear derailleurs with downtube friction shifters (Campy of course).
      * Campagnolo limited edition COBALTO brakeset -- stunning!
      * Campagnolo Super Record headset.
      * Regina Oro freewheel and chain.
      * Campagnolo Super Record crankset - 52/43 with 175 mm crank arms.
      * Araya 19mm hard anodized rims with Campagnolo Super record small flange hubset.
      * Dura Ace bottom bracket
      * Generic black anodized alluminum/alloy seatpost w/ British Racing Green Brooks B-17 Special leather saddle
      * Cinelli black anodized stem w/ Cinell bars and unique elk hide stitched on bar wrap - totally retro but VERY comfortable AND a real eye-catcher!
      * Continental tires.

      ++++ PLUS a free Silca Italian-made floor pump! I'm asking this price because the bike is well worth it - functionally perfect - with only a couple of paint scratches. I have ridden a couple of centuries on it over the years. The frame geometry is very comfortable, but the gearing is not for the faint of heart. It is geared for ultimate torque and not in-the-saddle hill rides. Please contact me if you are an astute road bike collector -- this is not a bike to leave unattended! I will only accept CASH or funds from a verified PayPal account.

      a.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

      PostingID: 2137603575

      a.. Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. b.. terms of use c.. privacy policy d.. feedback forum