56cm Rivendell Sam Hillborne - $1,600

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      Not mine. Pix on link. Interesting paint.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2135280919.html

      This is a 56cm Sam Hillborne from Rivendell Bicycle Works. The frame
      has been custom painted lime green by Rick at D and D in San Lorenzo, CA
      which is worth an extra $275 on top of the frame price. The color is
      brighter than the original green Hillbornes and has a gorgeous metallic
      flake that the pictures do no justice. It was hand made in Taiwan at the
      same factory that made the Bleriot. It is an amazing
      touring/all-rounder road bike with a lot of upgrades from the basic Sam
      Hillborne package that starts at $2000. The bike comes with everything
      you see in the pictures and I'm asking $1600 without the rack or $1700
      with the rack. Everything works great and there is no damage to the
      frame, just some minor scratches. Call me if you're interested at
      925-ABC-DEFG - I really prefer a phone call over an e-mail.

      Here's a list of the parts:

      56cm Sam Hillborne - takes 700c wheels

      172.5 Sugino Triple crankset

      Nitto Technomic Deluxe stem 9cm

      Kalloy seatpost

      Cardiff leather saddle - New

      46cm Nitto Noodle Bar

      Cane Creek brake levers

      IRD interruptor brake levers

      Fizik blue handlebar tape - New

      IRD Cafam cantilever brakes

      Silver Bar end shifters

      XT rear derailleur

      Sachs "C" triple front derailleur

      XT 36 hole hubs laced to black Mavic A719 rims

      9 speed rear cassette 12-34

      WTB Pathway 700x40c tires

      Tange headset and bottom bracket

      Nitto high rider front rack - with lowrider attachments (not pictured)

    • James Bond
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2011
        Not mine. Pix on link.

        http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/2190144829.html

        his is a 56cm Sam Hillborne (700c) from Rivendell Bicycle Works. The
        frame has been custom painted lime green by Rick at D and D in San
        Lorenzo, CA which costs an extra $275 on top of the frame price. The
        color is brighter than the original green Hillbornes and has a gorgeous
        metallic flake that the pictures do no justice. It was hand made in
        Taiwan at the same factory that made the Rivendell Bleriot. It is an
        amazing touring/all-rounder road bike with a lot of upgrades from the
        basic Sam Hillborne package that starts at $2000. The bike comes with
        everything you see in the pictures, except for the front rack and pump,
        and the price is $1600. Everything works great and there is no damage to
        the frame, just some minor scratches. Call me if you're interested at
        925-zyx-wvut - I really prefer a phone call over an e-mail, thank you.