1985, Trek, 760, maroon, pics, 50cm, $290 (craigslist / Salt Lake City)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      1985, Trek, 760, maroon, pics, 50cm, $290 (craigslist / Salt Lake City)

      Not mine ... (pics)

      --------------------------------

      1985 Trek 760 Road Bike 50cm ALL original, Campy Victory, Reynolds 531 - $290 (Sugarhouse)

      Date: 2010-11-30, 8:15PM MST
      Reply to: sale-hspmx-2088489748@...

      heres a cool lugged steel completely original 1985 Trek 760 road racing bike. This was Trek's second from the top model (770 was the highest with Campy Record). This is a very fast, quick handling, professional level racing bike. It's built to last, and will last another 30 years with proper maintenance. Vintage Trek's are some of the best road bikes.

      The 50cm frame will fit someone roughly 5 foot to 5 foot 5.

      This is a very quick, efficient bike. The steep head and seat tube angles provide an agile ride, while the Reynolds frame provides great road smoothing properties and a lively ride.

      12 speed drivetrain (2 front, 6 rear). Friction downtube shifters. Cassette gearing is 13-21, crank is 53-42.

      This bike is completely original. The only non original parts are cables/housing, tires/tubes, tape, and brake hoods. I do have the original saddle (Yellow "turbo" saddle) in ok condition I'll include for an extra $5. I put a modern one on because it looks nicer.

      The frame is Reynolds 531, a a high end steel used on many high level bikes. ALL the components are high level. FULL Campagnolo Victory group. This includes derailleurs, shifters, crank, brakes/levers, headset, seat post, pedals/toe clips/straps, and hubs. Cinelli bars and stem complete the all Italian group. Campy Victory was better than anything Shimano made at the time. Continental Ultra Gatorskin tires on Mavic rims.

      Cosmetically it is in very good condition. All the components look great, with minimal blemishes. The paint has some scratches/dings, as do the decals.

      Mechanically it is in excellent shape. I just disassembled the entire bike and thoroughly cleaned it. The front hub and headset have been regreased. Rear hub and bottom bracket felt perfect already! I just installed new handlebar tape, cables/housing, tubes, and nearly new tires. Chain and brake pads are in great shape.

      More/better pics can be emailed.

      $290 CASH ONLY. I will consider trades/partial trades for modern/vintage high end bikes or parts.

      I can be reached at 314-814-0999

      Thanks
      Justin

      http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/2088489748.html