Vintage De Simoni (Italian Frame) with Campagnolo Components!! Racing - $1200 (craigslist / San Francisco)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004

      Vintage De Simoni (Italian Frame) with Campagnolo Components!! Racing - $1200
      (los gatos)

      Reply to: jan@...
      Date: 2004-10-02, 6:00PM PDT

      I bought this DeSimoni frame from a member of the Italian Racing Team that was
      racing Independence Pass, Aspen, Colorado during the summer of 1976. I was
      visiting family that summer and our cousin worked in a local bike shop. I never
      met the racer who was selling the frame. I paid almost $300 for it. Over the
      next year I began buying and collecting components to build the bike. The
      components alone were over $1,000. In 1978 I was able to finally build the
      bicycle. This bike was ridden for about 10-years. I garaged it since then in
      lieu of mountain biking.
      Specs:
      Frame: Made In Italy, lugged Columbus tubing, Pearlescent White paintjob. Front
      and Rear dropouts Brev. Campagnolo.
      Weight: 23.5 lbs
      Seat Tube Size: 59.5 cm
      Crankset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
      Pedals: Campagnolo
      Toe Clips/Straps: Christophe
      Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
      Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Nuovo Record
      Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo
      Brakes: Campagnolo
      Shifters: Sun Tour 10 speed, finger-tip
      Stem: Coppi 3ttt
      Handlebar: Cinelli
      Rims: Rigida 13-19 Ambrosio aluminum
      Hubs: Weyless Sealed
      Seatpost: Avocet
      Seat: Specialize ProLong (brand new)
      Tires: Performance GT2 27X1 (brand new), clinchers

      For more pictures (14 to be exact) I have a web site that shows my items for
      sale. Click on this link:
      http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/betke@.../album?.dir=/455f

      http://www.craigslist.org/sby/bik/44334734.html