FS: BOBish Commute/Touring Bike -- Faux XO-1/AllRounder

  • Jack Keoshian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2002
      Hi BOBish bike aficionados,

      I have for sale a very BOBish commute or light touring
      bike in the spirit of an All-Rounder or XO-1, but
      based on a Trek 730 frame. The frame has relaxed
      geometry, tons of clearance for big 700C tires and
      fenders, double eyelets front and back. Parts list
      reads like a �who�s who� of preferred BOBish bike
      bits. I bought this online and was *really* bummed
      when it was delivered and I discovered it was quite a
      bit too big for me. The 19.5� seat-tube is somewhat
      misleading, since the top-tube is sloping. I would
      use the 56 cm top tube length as the basis for fit.

      Frame: Trek 730, True Temper OX Cro-Mo, 19.5� CTT
      seat-tube, 22� (56 cm) CTC sloping top-tube, color is
      a very nice metallic green with a hint of blue in it.

      Components: Brooks B-17 saddle, Salsa stem, Nitto
      moustache bar, Shimano bar-end shifters, Campy Veloce
      brake levers, tan Cinelli cork tape, King headset
      (threaded), Ultegra cranks, XTR front mech, Ultegra
      rear mech, 12/28 8 speed cassette (XT?), Alivio canti
      brakes, Crystal Designs seatpost, Conti Top Touring
      tires, 36 spoke 700C MA-40 rims, Shimano 105 rear hub,
      Performance sealed bearing front hub, mismatched
      Ultegra/Bontrager skewers.

      Overall the bike is in very nice shape, but it has
      been used for commuting and is not pristine. The
      frame is in great shape, with very, very few nicks or
      scratches and no dents. Brooks saddle could use some
      Proofhide and a few turns of the tension adjuster.
      �Salsa� decals on stem are a bit munged. Cinelli tape
      a bit tattered, but useable. Plastic handle on
      bar-end shifter slightly scuffed. Sidewalls of the
      dark anodized MA-40 rims have lost some of their gray
      treatment. Rear rim has some wear from debris
      embedded in a brake pad. I discovered the bike was
      too big when I pulled it out of its shipping carton
      and put the wheels on. I haven�t ridden the bike, as
      I don�t want to finish unpacking/assembling it only to
      pack it up again, but it appears to be in very good
      shape mechanically.

      There�s a picture of the bike at:
      http://alumni.engin.umich.edu/~keoshian/Trek730.jpg
      Bike is being sold without pedals, rack or VistaLight
      seen in the picture. Asking $345 + shipping (should
      be $35 or so). If you think I�m off base on the
      price, please feel free to convince me of my folly and
      make an offer.

      http://launch.yahoo.com/u2