1984, Ciocc, frameset, blue, pics, 56cm, $275 (craigslist / Sacramento)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2010
      1984, Ciocc, frameset, blue, pics, 56cm, $275 (craigslist / Sacramento)

      Not mine ... (pics)

      56cm Ciocc Designer '84 Frame/Fork Frameset - $275 (Downtown/Midtown)

      Date: 2010-07-08, 10:02AM PDT
      Reply to: sale-6nem2-1832088552@...

      Ciocc...pronounced choke...is a legendary Italian frame builder. There is much history on these frames on the internet. This frame set is used and shows a tiny bit of surface rust as well as nicks and scratches. The wheels are NOT included (used for pics only). The frame was sold to me as a 58cm and it does have the number 58 stamped on the inner fork tube, but when measured it turns out to be 56cm center to center on the seat tube as well as 56 c to c on the top tube. Once assembled, I realized that it was too small for me. The rear spacing is 126mm and the bottom bracket is 70mm Italian threading. Braze on down-tube shifter bosses as well as front derailleur bracket. The fork chrome has peeled is spots, but could be re-chromed if you're doing a restoration. The frame is solid and straight with no dents or defects. The tubing is Columbus SLX based on much research on this particular frame, which is the real deal...a hand made Ciocc Italian frame. You will see that under the paint is an all chrome frame. The entire bicycle has been disassembled and cleaned prior to treating it with Framesaver to prevent future rust. The drop outs are Campagnolo. This frame is a great project and can be built the way it is or could be the foundation for a complete restoration. Decal sets for this bike are readily available and can be found here on eBay as well. Please ask any questions that you may have. For more pics please go to http://picasaweb.google.com/ericjgrant/CioccDesigner84#.

      If you are out of the area, I am willing to ship to US addresses ONLY for the cost of shipping. Paypal ONLY.

      "This Ciocc Designer '84 Microf C. 40 lugged steel frame and fork was built in Italy of legendary Columbus SLX tubing, which over the years has been my favorite tubeset of all that I have ridden or owned."
      -Retrofan of Cyclingforums

      Location: Downtown/Midtown

      http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/1832088552.html