1987, Zinn, Morgul Bismarck, blue/orange, pics, 59cm, $500 (craigslist / Dallas)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 9:33 AM
      1987, Zinn, Morgul Bismarck, blue/orange, pics, 59cm, $500 (craigslist / Dallas)

      Not mine ... (pics)

      59cm Lennard Zinn Mogul Bismarck Road, Full Dura Ace - $500 (Oak Cliff)

      Date: 2010-07-09, 9:11AM CDT
      Reply to: sale-uh4q6-1833576965@...

      I promise you will not find a similar bike for a long while. Custom made in 1987 for a racer, whose name is still on the bike. Has served me very well but I have moved onto a Pinarello and I need to clear out the stable. Bike is great for a 23 year old bike, handled the Hotter n Hell in 08 and 09, and prior years as well, I am the second owner. Rides great, shifts great stops quick. Has some chips, but paint is remarkable for its age. Has one small ding the bottom of the top tube. very minor rusting. Never wrecked! however a freidn of mine did drop it and rested it against a brick wall (ugh).
      This is the description I have on eBay

      I am the second owner, hand built in 1987 for a local racer by Zinn Cycles out of Boulder, CO. Full DA 7400 except for the seatpost, Columbus SLX Tubing, the sticker on the frame is long gone. Fork is Columbus as well. Wheelset are Mavic MA40s Clinchers. In great shape for a 23 year old bike. This was raced in the late 80s. I have ridden this bike and it has been the best ride I have ever had, better than my other 2 Colnagos. I have done the Hotter n Hell 100 in Wichita Falls twice (08, 09) on this and finished in just over 5hrs. This is truly my baby, however I must let her go. There is some scratches and small dents in the top tube that I have had checked out by different mechanics and say it does not affect the structural quality of the frame, they are very minor. Some scratches and nicks, with the only rust on the downtube by the shifters where the brake caliper has been chipping away at the paint. its is about one-fourth the size of a dime, tiny. This is a sweet ride and to my knowledge, only 3 persons have ridden it. the Original owner, myself and my friend. It is super smooth and super fast, My max speed on a downhill was 39.7mph. Super stable and smooth. I just rode her 20miles 3 days ago and loved every minute of it. I cant say enough about how rare a Zinn bike is, and how sweet of a ride it is as well.

      http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/1833576965.html