1980s, Gianni Mota, Pista, r/w/b, pics, 54cm, $1000 (craigslist / Portland)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2010
      1980s, Gianni Mota, Pista, r/w/b, pics, 54cm, $1000 (craigslist / Portland)

      Not mine ... (pics)

      80's Gianni Motta Pista Track Bicycle Bike 54cm - $1000 (SE Portland)

      Date: 2010-06-27, 8:51PM PDT
      Reply to: sale-t7fgq-1814609594@...

      VERY RARE VINTAGE LATE 80'S Gianni Motta Pista track bicycle--54cm (c-c)
      FEATURES:
      All Campagnolo super record pista components.
      --Columbus Tubing
      --Campagnolo super record pista pantographed cranks
      --Campagnolo super RECORD PISTA pedals!
      --Campagnolo super record pista headset!
      --Campagnolo super record pista pantographed stem
      --3T handlebars with hole for internal brake
      --50th anniversary pantographed Campagnolo super record seat post
      --Fizik Vitesse blue saddle
      --NISI tubular rims with Campagnolo super record pista low flange hubs

      This bike is a knock out. It's ridden the Alpenrose Velodrome a couple times and I can't bring myself to ride it on the streets or Portland anymore. The frame was hand-built in Italy by Gianni Motta in 1984. The paint is still shiny, but has some flaked off spots here and there, with a couple bad spots, which is typical for the delicate candy-like paint jobs of 80's Italian bikes. Overall it presents really well (look at the pictures and judge for yourself!). The geometry is really tight and this bike rides VERY stiffly and fast. There are nice 'artistic' touches on the frame too, like the curved seat stays. The fork came drilled and the bike had a front brake originally set up when I purchased it. I took it off shortly after since I never used it. The brake comes with the bike, disassembled. I love the paint job, stars and stripes. It's and eye catcher. Basically, if you're willing to buy a bike like this you most likely already know what you're looking at. Feel free to make an offer. I'll ignore it if its stupid.
      email or call 971-244-2280 Annie
      CHECK OUT MORE PICS HERE... http://www.flickr.com/photos/8703719@N08/sets/72157624248226099/

      Location: SE Portland

      http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/1814609594.html