53cm Holdsworth frameset - $250

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2010
      Not mine. Pix on link.

      http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/1737612463.html

      Genuine English Hand-brazed vintage lugged 53cm classic steel road bike
      frameset consisting of Frame, Forks,stem and post. Vintage chrome Tange
      "Allez" headset also included. as are the micro-adjusters in the
      Campagnolo rear dropouts (nearly horizontal,good for single-speed,
      multispeed or fixed gear). The bottom bracket shell is English
      threaded, the threads are good.
      Dimensions as follows, mast-height
      53cm centerline of crank spindle up mast to where post drops in. (51.5
      cm c-c). The top tube is 55.5cm center to center. Bike made for 700c
      wheels. Neck is Japanese 22.2 and has 90mm reach. Post is old-school
      Avocet with double bolts and is 27.2mm,clinch-bolt included. This W.F.
      Holdsworth hand-crafted road bike frameset is fine English work, made in
      London late 1970s or so.
      The paint and decals are all original,
      there are the expected nicks and scratches as found on most bikes of
      this era, additionally, there is a linear dent on top of the top-tube
      from the brake cable-housing being pushed down. There is also a dent on
      the downtube where the rear shifter boss was pushed into the
      tube,perhaps the bike fell over once and hit the shifter. Also, someone
      once put a bolt-on kickstand on the bike so there are dimples from that.
      There is some corrosion on the top tube from sweat, especially around
      the cable guides. It appears the last owner attempted to touch-up the
      paint around the guides.
      This is a fabulous vintage lugged steel
      frameset, in a most desireable size, the price is cash firm.
      email
      your phone number and I'll call, I won't respond by email.