55cm Specialized Allez, lugged - $795

  • James Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2010
      Not mine. Pix on link.

      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/1736553670.html

      Doing this with a lot of trepidation, but my older Specialized Allez is
      up for sale. I managed to get this frame from a guy who was going to
      scrap it and it has been my rider for a few years now. This frame has
      the cable guides brazed on to the top of the bottom bracket shell so
      it's an oldie. It does ride like a dream. The lug work is gorgeous on
      this bike, as is the fork crown with cutouts. I have always riden this
      frame as a single speed, but I never removed all of the braze on's, so
      it can be converted back to it's original form (have a gorgeous Suntour
      Suberb set that would rock this frame). This thing has always been
      pampered. It has been powdercoated a gorgeous plum metalflake and built
      tastefully...in my humble opinion.

      The frame measures as such: top tube - 55.5 cm, ctr-ctr; seat tube 56
      cm, ctr.-top. The wheelset is comprised of Origin 8 hubs laced via
      white spokes to Vuelta Deep V rims. The crankset, powedercoated to
      match the frame, is a Shimano 600 piece. The stem and bars are Cinelli.
      The brake levers are Shimano Exage, with perfect white hoods. The
      brake calipers are dual pivot Shimano Dura Ace, for extra good stopping
      power. Gearing, if I remember correctly, is 42x18, on both sides. The
      rear hub is a flip flop, with a fixed cog on the opposite side.

      What doesn't come with the bike as shown in the pictures are the
      computer and the wheel release tool.

      Call or email with any questions...but you won't be disappointed.

      Steve 510-543-