59cm Serotta Road Bike, Complete Dura-Ace

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2010
      Serotta Road Bike, Complete Dura-Ace<http://spokane.craigslist.org/bik/1663903439.html>
      Ciao CN WC CA
      email this posting to a friend spokane craigslist > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      Serotta Road Bike, Complete Dura-Ace - $1500 (Spokane)

      Date: 2010-03-27, 9:11AM PDT
      Reply to: sale-c7qt7-1663903439@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      Selling my Serotta Colorado Legend CRL. I haven't ridden it in years and can't stand to see it just sit and collect dust. This is a beautiful hand-made steel bike with the finest components. It's Dura-Ace from front to back (hubs, derailleur, shifters, brakes, seat post, cranks, pedals, rear gears, chain-rings, head bearings). The wheels are hand built with Mavic rims. It even has King titanium water bottle cages. It was originally painted by Ben Serotta himself as a test color, so it is definitely one of a kind. It's a beautiful metal flake paint that looks dark blue from a distance but up close goes from a dark blue/green/gold in the middle of the frame to black/gold on the forks and chain/seat stays. The bike was treated from new with frame saver to prevent any internal corrosion. If I remember correctly, it was built in the mid 90's and probably has less than 2000-3000 miles on it. It does have a few small paint chips and, naturally, some brake marking on the rims and scratching on the pedals from the cleats. Other than that, it is in very good condition. The original cost of this bike was criminal, in excess of $5,000. I'm asking $1,500.

      Almost forgot the size. It is about 59mm from the center of the crank to the top of the top-tube and 58mm from the center of the head-tube to the center of the seat-tube.

      IMPORTANT: I'm not interested in dickering over the price. If you don't like the price, please don't waist my time. I might consider lowering the price if it doesn't sell, you'll just have watch for it. If you've got legitimate questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Also, please include a phone number so that I know you're not a spammer.

      I've linked in some large pictures below. Click on the link below each picture to see an even larger one. The larger pictures show the metal flake paint better.

      http://www.royandersonphoto.com/Other/Serotta-CRL/DSC0591/820597103_qfbfe-X3.jpg

      http://www.royandersonphoto.com/Other/Serotta-CRL/DSC0591/820597020_r2QJh-X3.jpg

      http://www.royandersonphoto.com/Other/Serotta-CRL/DSC0591/820596977_KM5Tk-X3.jpg

      Thanks for looking.

      a.. Location: Spokane
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests