Red Schwinn Paramount Waterford Road Bike 59cm

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 2:23 PM
      Schwinn Paramount Waterford Road Bike 59cm<http://nashville.craigslist.org/bik/1661597223.html>
      Ciao Charles
      email this posting to a friend nashville craigslist > for sale / wanted > bicycles
      please flag with care:

      Schwinn Paramount Waterford Road Bike 59cm - $1895 (Brentwood)

      Date: 2010-03-25, 8:13PM CDT
      Reply to: sale-yaxrg-1661597223@... [Errors when replying to ads?]

      Schwinn Paramount 59 cm Road Bike and fork Handcrafted at the Waterford bike manufacturing plant in Waterford, Wisconsin. (See 24 detailed photos in ad below). This bike has less than 800 miles on it and all of the components have less than 50 miles on them. Bike was purchased new at the Richardson Bike Mart in Richardson, TX in 1991 and rode in the Hotter Than Hell 100 in Wichita, TX. Since I have/had several bikes I did not ride this bike as much as some of my other bikes. Complete group: Full 9-speed Dura Ace components to include the following:

      Dura Ace Components:

      Shifters/brake levers
      Crankset (which is 172.5)
      Front and Rear Deraileurs
      Headset
      Bottom Bracket
      Chain
      Cassette
      Cables
      Other components on the bike are as follows:

      Mavic Helium Wheels (Red Anodized Aluminum)
      Mavic Helium Hubs (Red Anodized Aluminum)
      Thompson Seatpost
      ITM (Italmanubri) Stem
      Specialized Body Geometry Comp Seat
      Shimano PD7401 Clipless Peddles
      Frame:

      Schwinn Paramount handcrafted by Waterford in Waterford, WI
      59 cm
      Non-heat treat 4130 Chromoly
      Color: Candy Apple Red with black swirl marks and decals (see pictures)
      Condition: 9-9.5 out of 10 (absolutely no structural issues or defects at all)
      According to Waterfordbikes website, there were 892 of these frames made in total in 1991
      Frame serial #:590DMWA91031
      Bike with all listed and installed components weighs in at 17.4 pounds on my postal electronic scale

      Cost invested in the bike and components to date total over $5,000.00. Frame alone if purchased new from Waterford is well over $2500.00

      If you are not familiar with the Schwinn Paramount handcrafted bikes by Waterford at the Waterford, WI plant, please go to: www.waterfordbikes.com

      Other information about these frames and their cult following go to:

      www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-219903.html

      www.schwinnbikes.com/paramount/index.html

      http://waterfordbikes.com/now/home.php?newstype=paramountb

      I emailed Waterford Bikes to get additional information on these frames and actually got to email back and forth with "Richard Schwinn" several times. An absolute and super nice guy, very responsive and still cannot believe I actually spoke to one of the owners and family members of one of the oldest bike/frame manufacturers in the U.S. Richard confirmed the bike frame and provided great detail about the frame and its history.

      I have contemplated disassembling the bike and its components to sell everything separately. This is such a beautiful and awesome riding bike that I really do not want to. Everything was hand picked and installed on the bike. As stated earlier, this bike and its components cost well over $5,000 to assemble. Yes, I will agree that there are newer bikes and components out there but at 2-3 times the cost of this bike and more importantly this bike and components are virtually new or with very little riding and wear and tear.

      Please contact me with any questions or if you need additional information or detailed pictures.

      615-509-6860

      a.. Location: Brentwood
      b.. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests