1980, Trek, 414, grey, pics 56cm, $200 BIN (eBay)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010
      1980, Trek, 414, grey, pics 56cm, $200 BIN (eBay)

      Item specifics
      Brand: Trek Model: 414
      Model Year: 1980 Frame Size: 56 cm
      Complete Bike/Frame: Complete Bike Frame Material: Steel
      Condition: Used

      Vintage TREK Lugged, double butted, silver brazed bicycle. This bike has scratches and some small deeper scratches that have surface rust,but not too bad for a bike that is 30 years..they do not build them like this anymore. This was handbuilt here in Wisconsin. The serial# is M3D8B43 and I believe it was built in April of 1980 of Ishiwata Tubing. It is equipted with Suntour VXGT derraileur and Diacompe Brakes; for more info check vintage-trek.com..there is lots of cool info on these vintage pieces. The tires are decent continentals-they should probably be replaced soon(decent tread but dry)..when I rode last year they were fine, now the rear doesn't hold-I think it needs a new tube. Unfortunately the previous owner stuck a clamp for the waterbottle cage on and kind of messed up the seat tube logo. Previous to my owning in the rear wheel was replaced and the seat, otherwise everything else looks to be original. I would love to keep this bike, but I have too many and need to start unloading. The frame size is 22.5" which converts to 56cm. It is pewter in color...this would make a great fixie conversion or keep it as is. I will only ship to lower 48, but I would love it if someone could pick it up and avoid me having to dismantle it.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190385896689