1973, Motobecane, Grand Record, black/red, pics, 62cm, $695 (craigslist / Boulder)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      1973, Motobecane, Grand Record, black/red, pics, 62cm, $695 (craigslist / Boulder)

      ----------------------------

      1973 Motobecane Grand Record vintage road bike, BEAUTIFUL! - $695 (Boulder)

      Date: 2010-03-05, 8:20AM MST
      Reply to: sale-7vm74-1629604926@...

      Here's a 1973 Motobecane Grand Record in beautiful shape. Made in France. Bike is an eclectic mix of Campagnolo and TA. Built from Reynolds 531, it is sized 62 cm.
      I believe it is all original except for the rear wheel. Even the bar tape and cable housing appears to be original, which suggests the bike has very low miles. I have sourced the correct parts to put the bike in 100% original condition. Included with the bike are

      - 2 NOS Super Competition Champion 36-hole tubular rims
      - High-flange Normandy Luxe Competition hubs
      - NOS axle and cone set for Normandy Luxe hubs

      Also included with the bike is the original sales brochure (see last pictures).

      The paint and chrome are in fantastic shape. The paint is very shiny which causes it to look worse in pictures due to reflections. Has original Brooks Professional saddle. Philippe bars and stem. 3-pin TA crankset. Campagnolo Nuovo Record derailleurs and shifters. Weinmann centerpull brakes and levers.

      A simple wheel build and hub overhaul are all that is needed to make this a truly fantastic bicycle. Asking $695. If you are short on cash, I can take credit cards through PayPal.

      http://boulder.craigslist.org/bik/1629604926.html