Garlatti, Ives Corsa, pics, 55cm, $450 (craigslist / San Diego)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2010
      Garlatti, Ives Corsa, pics, 55cm, $450 (craigslist / San Diego)

      55cm 70s or 80s Garlatti Ives Corsa, Columbus tubing. - $450 (Mission Hills)

      Date: 2010-03-02, 6:11PM PST
      Reply to: sale-7arpu-1625841887@...

      Hey, this is an 70s or 80s Garlatti Ives Corsa with Columbus Zeta tubing, 55cm, red, with full chrome under the paint. I have been riding it, but I usually ride 58-60cm, so the fit doesn't really work too well for me. It rides nice and smooth!

      So, the parts are like this: The hubs, crankset and BB are Gipiemme Sprint, the derailleurs and shifters are Campagnolo - front derailleur and shifters are Record, Rear derailleur is Nuovo Gran Sport. The rims are Mavic MA-40s with very little wear. The handlebars are Cinelli Criterium 40cm, the stem is TTT. The brake levers are Soma (Tektro) Campy-style, the calipers are Tektro R538s. The seat is a Moser, and has a lot of scuffs, but matches the bike well and is comfortable (for me at least). The tires are Schwalbe Marathon Plus and I have puncture resistant tubes under them, so the likelyhood of getting a flat is about the same as getting struck by lightning... The drivetrain is as follows: Chainrings are brand new Sugino, chain is brand new SRAM PC-850, and freewheel is used but not worn Suntour.

      I bought the frame, framesavered it, and built it up with as many Italian parts as I could find for myself to ride, but I have 3 other bikes and am broke, so this one goes since the fit is too small anyways. All the bearings are repacked except for the headset, which requires a special tool. It feels relatively smooth, but it might be a good idea to have someone repack it sometime... The bearing surfaces in the hubs and the BB are all excellent. If you ride Egbeaters or SPD pedals, I have a set of each of those laying around I can throw in with the bike, otherwise it will have some throw-away test-ride-only garbage platforms that will need to be replaced. If you want a different seat, I have about 4 or 5 different options to choose from. Same with the handlebars/stem.

      Pics!

      Location: Mission Hills

      http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/bik/1625841887.html