FUSO FR1 COLUMBUS SLX BY DAVE MOULTEN - eBay (item 250588980670 end time Mar-07-10 18:12:56 PST)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      Up for auction is my pride and joy from 20 years ago, a Fuso FR1 crafted by master framebuilder Dave Moulten. Based on the serial number of 2063, this frame was manufactured in 1990. I rode it off and on from 1990 to 1992 about the time my family started to grow. From 1992 to 2007, it was riden maybe 400 miles. From 2007 to present, it hasn't been riden at all. It is a size 58 based on the stamp on the bottom bracket. It is in fantastic shape as I was the one who assembled it and maintained it. There are no dents in the frame and only the smallest of blemishes inside the chain stays. The paint is in near perfect condition. I never rode in the rain, in case you're wondering. The tube material is Columbus SLX. Here are the component specifications:

      Wheels - Mavic Open 4CD rims, 36 DT double-butted spokes, Campagnolo Record hubs. You'll need to put on some new tires as the ones on the bike are brittle.

      Crankset - Campagnolo Chorus cranks, 175mm, 53 X 42

      Brake Calipers - Campagnolo Super Record, short reach

      Brake Levers - Campagnolo Super Record

      Rear Derailleur - Campagnolo Chorus

      Front Derailleur - Campagnolo Chorus, braze-on

      Pedals - Look

      Seat Post - Campagnolo Super Record

      Headset - Campagnolo Super Record

      Shifters - Campagnolo Chorus (I think), braze-on

      Cassette - Seven speed, not sure of make and model

      Bike comes with everything you see in the picture including the water bottle, cage, and frame fit pump, which, by the way, was painted with the identical paint used on the frame. The pump also has the Campagnolo head too. I was quite meticulous in the component selection as I was trying to build the most aesthetically pleasing bike to the eye that I could.

      When I rode this bike for the first time, I was amazed at how stiff the bottom bracket was and that was what sold me on the FR1. It is still a joy to ride and needs to go to a good home where it will be riden on a more regular basis.

      As with any sports based activity, especially one where technical equipment and speed are involved, the successful bidder must assume all liability in the use of this bicycle. Despite the obvious care that this bike has received over the years, I would highly recommend to the winning bidder that the bicycle have a complete tune-up prior to use. Lastly, I have more pictures if you need them so just email me.

      Reserve set at $700. Shipping to be negotiated between myself and the successful bidder and included in the Paypal payment. I put in a shipping estimate of $100 anyway.

      Thanks for looking at my auction!

      Not my auction charles

      <http://cgi.ebay.com/FUSO-FR1-COLUMBUS-SLX-BY-DAVE-MOULTEN_W0QQitemZ250588980670QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a584465be>